Quantcast

Snowshoe 2021

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Figured I'd start a thread for the race in a couple weeks. I was down at Snowshoe over the weekend and most of the track is looking good until you get to the final feature.

:twitch:

I suspect this will drum up some 'conversation'...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yo @manhattanprjkt83 are they doing a little gap over the road (north westridge) at the bottom of the first grassy hill? there was a huge pile of dirt there a few weeks back. if i remember right, it was kind of an awkward g-out spot last time.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yo @manhattanprjkt83 are they doing a little gap over the road (north westridge) at the bottom of the first grassy hill? there was a huge pile of dirt there a few weeks back. if i remember right, it was kind of an awkward g-out spot last time.
The big booter mid ski hill prior is back, then right after you cross the road there is some s berm stuff going on. If I am understanding your question I believe the G out will probably still be a thing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
it was posted elsewhere, i think the rumors thread. but we needed a proper snowshoe thread.

i'm not crazy about, but some folks (esp on vital) are outright hostile over it. you'd think they'd paved the entire track top to bottom.
ya folks are losing it but I kinda get it tbh, it's super weird.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Some of you locals need to go out there and have a bonfire/sacrifice.

I really hope there's not a full on COVID shit show and everyone can actually make it over.
Sven/Boris and all the other "legit" media included.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They should change the rules so instead of full blown factory rides racers need to ride whatever they can get in trade for an XBox.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I have an irrational bias against any wooden feature of any kind. This reinforces my bias.

This is an example of how downhill courses started becoming called "tracks".

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
What the run-up like? Will riders have to brake check to hit it circus-clown style, and/or whale at it and jump the whole thing?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What the run-up like? Will riders have to brake check to hit it circus-clown style, and/or whale at it and jump the whole thing?
I didn't notice any tape sticks down there yet but if it's anything like previous they will be flying at that thing.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Hard to get a sense of scale, but it looks like a Blue flow trail feature. Like you're gonna get some "YEW"s from the boyz if you gap into the arc'd part and throw a shitty, ass-forward tweak off of it and land all nose heavy.

Does it belong on a world cup downhill track? Who am I to say.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I was invited to spend the week there setting up and then tearing down all the redbull shit but need to work and can't take more time off. Pretty bummed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i find all the hate on wooden features funny, because there have been wooden features on most, if not every, track this season. but snowshoe puts one in and suddenly everyone loses their mind.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No problem with the occasional wood ramp to road gap or similar, but from my comfy armchair that looks like a really bad idea for elite riders going mach chicken to the finish line in a World Cup.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No problem with the occasional wood ramp to road gap or similar, but from my comfy armchair that looks like a really bad idea for elite riders going mach chicken to the finish line in a World Cup.
i certainly get the difference, just felt that needed to be pointed out. i do have concerns about the safety of it, if there's going to be enough speed to gap the whole thing, or if it basically winds up becoming a speed check. if there's a go around and the whole race field takes it, that won't look good for snowshoe.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am not a hucker but the angle of the 'take off' seem to make clearing that thing a weird maneuver. Not sure how much that would be happening. I am super perplexed by this thing.