Quantcast

Snowshoe 2021

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Couldnt work out if the background squeals and screaming during Rob n Tracy's chat were Jess. Or just random spectators.
Let's hope she's OK.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Long story short, thanks to aggressive familial pressure, I've lost access to the party portal and am now sitting at home while my bros are all shit faced and eating burnt tube meats trailside. FML...

But that won't stop us from providing the usual race analysis, this courtesy of 2 Octoberfest biers and a 3 finger bourbon pour. Race time is nigh, so let's get on with it.

- I still have the precious stone dildo, so my friends are assured of a boring and uneventful time. They'll probably get anal shingles too...fuck those guys

- fun fact: WV is one of Chuck Darwin's favorite vacation spots
https://abcnews.go.com/US/serpent-handling-west-virginia-pastor-dies-snake-bite/story?id=16459455 <-- linky

- GM crashed because his bike doesn't have one or more high pivot idlers. Nino Schurter struggling for most of year? No idler. Me sucking at bikes for ~45 years...yeah, no idler. The evidence is overwhelming - you can't ride a bicycle offroad without an idler.

- I've asked to get a new COVID vax, since my J&J shot did not swoll up my balls, and therefore I still can't ride like Danny Hart.

- I don't know how this related to, well, anything, but it's something I must have.

- they really should have 1 WC race per year that riders are required to ride antiquated bikes and suspension. Or at least qualify on old shit wagons and race on actual DH bikes.

- many have compared the SS track to various tracks in UK with some flatter, more technical sections - which is also why people in WV have similar dental health as our jagged toothed cousins in Britannia.

Ok, time is of the essence, so onto the podium:

5. @sethimus - finally our Bavarian brother makes the trip to the worst country ever to exist in this galaxy. The trip confirms his claims that our healthcare system is abjectly terrible, even if it features surgical talent that quite frankly does not exist (and never will) in Yurp. He scoffs at the lack of fans wearing Adidas tracks suits and Berlin emo uniforms, and crashes the podium astride his bad ass CX bike, since we all know the only good riders in the world ride rigid fuck bikes with atrocious geometry. Of course he has time to make the trip sense zee Germans have 350 vacations days per year.

4. Samsquantch: you know who lives in the the hollers of WV besides methheads and shoeless inbreds? A big fuggin Gigantopithecus
thats who. Everyone's favorite cryptozoological skunk ape spurns his namesake brand (Yeti) since it would likely break on the way down, and he opts for the Norco e-hardtail to donkey punch hair scramble and the big senders.

3. Ben Cathro: after being forced to drink 2 bottles of cutty sark scotch by @SuboptimusPrime and crew, he finds his inner Pict, dons blue and white war paint, screams "freedommmm!" after dropping in and lays down an absolute heater. Thankfully he is not castrated afterwards and hung in gibbets like his better known ancestor Mr. Gibson. Well done lad, well done.

2. GM: turns out a grade 3 AC separation is a bad deal for bipedal humans, but much less of an issue for goats, being a quadriped and all. This time our clothes chewing hero finally joins the rest of the free world and SC rigs up no less than 7 idlers on his still too small V10. Moar idlers = moar speed

1. Tracey Hannah - mah lady returns to WC glory with a stunning win, but how is she allowed to race against the Y chromosome people? That's because she saddles up @SuboptimusPrime which obviously checks the (swollen) testicle box. But how is her steed so god damned fast? Well thats because our beloved doctor monkey has given up on life and has gone full crossfit. In an effort to avoid FDS (fat doctor syndrome), our redoubtable medical professional has taken up torturous depredations such as kettle bells, in-home skwat rawck, burpees, sexually ambiguous Zwifting, etc...I feel sure there are tractor tires and heavy ropes stashed somewhere in his backyard. Regardless, it all means they guy is actually in superb shape (much to my chagrin) and he lopes down the track like a shirtless Lopes.

XX chromosome people:

1. Nicole
2. Myriam
3. Commencal pinner
4. Hot French lady
5. PomPom

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You drunk already grampa?
haha... Just to elaborate.
I was laughing at the drama in the pits with Vali's look of complete confusion then eventually wondering whether to embrace/hug/console Pompon who by that point had face of pure disgust.(in herself)

Too soon, huh?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
haha... Just to elaborate.
I was laughing at the drama in the pits with Vali's look of complete confusion then eventually wondering whether to embrace/hug/console Pompon who by that point had face of pure disgust.

Too soon, huh?
I was just pulling your chain. The same stuff went through my mind when I saw Vali's look after Myriam's crash. I guess even her wasn't expecting to win.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just turned the women's race on and there seems to be a course hold, sounds like one of the ladies has had a bad crash.
Jessica Blewitt. Came up short on the triple at the bottom.
was watching live. she got bucked forward. I haven't had such a visceral reaction while watching a race before... but yeah, nah... that looked horrifying, I hope she's ok.

the rest of the race was pretty awesome to watch, both ladies and gentlemen. Crazy that the overall in both went so wildly off-script.

I wonder what happened to Loris? It almost seemed like he was disoriented... had he hit his head in practice or something?

And for Reece to lose his chain there... at the end of the rawcks?! damn that had to hurt. I'm definitely looking forward to watching him next year...

And Loic... what a head on that man. Such mental fortitude. very impressive. I'd say it was a well deserved win.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Great way to finish the season for Angel Suarez.

Cathro only 2.5 second slower that Neko Mullally. I know who I'd rather see get a factory ride.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rough end of the season for the Commencal crew, lost two season overalls in one race, that’s gotta hurt. Watching PomPons run, listing ig to Hannah’s commentary having already seen the results was a bummer. “She’s so smooth, so composed, not making any mistakes that could compromise the overall, then splat!

On the flip side, pretty wild that Commencal has that much damn talent on the team.

Men’s podium was pretty kick-ass all things considered.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
- they really should have 1 WC race per year that riders are required to ride antiquated bikes and suspension. Or at least qualify on old shit wagons and race on actual DH bikes.
i want a series where everyone has to run the same brand and model tire. the compound is up to the rider, à la F1.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Blewitt's face case was hard to watch, I'm glad they didn't show a replay. I hope she is OK, that looked really bad.

The look on Miriam's face when Vali tried to hug her... LOL

Never bet against a Sicilian when death is on the line or agains Bruni when the cup is at stake. Also, why isn't it a cup? You can't drink Champaign out of that trophy.