Quantcast

Snowshoe 2021

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
I could remove my original post but then I'd be a running away from a good internet fight. And a wuss. And while I might be a coward in real life I refuse to be one online.

I'm sure he's a good dude. I hope he gets an invite to one of Gwin's houses in exchange for all the 'turfing.

Back to the race: It's going to be odd when I'm yelling and drinking in the office Wednesday morning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I could remove my original post but then I'd be a running away from a good internet fight. And a wuss. And while I might be a coward in real life I refuse to be one online.

I'm sure he's a good dude. I hope he gets an invite to one of Gwin's houses in exchange for all the 'turfing.

Back to the race: It's going to be odd when I'm yelling and drinking in the office Wednesday morning.
we didn't used to call him king butthurt for nothing.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
we didn't used to call him king butthurt for nothing.
I feel like I'm amongst my kind here.

Just to give him some ammo should he want to return the jab, I was looking at fanny packs for riding today. Surely that's worse than being an Aaron Gwin stan.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Gwin is at Snowshoe, but is not racing.

You guys need to stop the hate. Answer me this,Is not 90% of Monkeys in America? Why sooo much Love for the French when they can’t hold a candle to him? He is the Goat of American DH,period. As I speak I put him at number 3 of all time. Greg,Nico,Gwin. When you’re beloved Frenchies have as many Wins as Gwin,we can break bread,until then,Good Luck. 5 wins out of 9 races. Have not seen that by a Frenchman. Last,before you start comments on World Champ Gay Ass Rainbow Stripes,remember this. Who has Number One on plate on their Handler Bar? Greg has the Stripes,but not #1 plate. That would be you’re beloved Frenchmen. Peace
Avy

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You guys need to stop the hate. Answer me this,Is not 90% of Monkeys in America? Why sooo much Love for the French when they can’t hold a candle to him? He is the Goat of American DH,period. As I speak I put him at number 3 of all time. Greg,Nico,Gwin. When you’re beloved Frenchies have as many Wins as Gwin,we can break bread,until then,Good Luck. 5 wins out of 9 races. Have not seen that by a Frenchman. Last,before you start comments on World Champ Gay Ass Rainbow Stripes,remember this. Who has Number One on plate on their Handler Bar? Greg has the Stripes,but not #1 plate. That would be you’re beloved Frenchmen. Peace
Avy
Hate? Its not hate from me. Dude has fallen off pretty hard from where he used to be. Lets talk again when he cracks the top 20.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Avy
i posted that as info that pertained from the race. honestly a bit bummed to not seem him racing, i don't like seeing any rider out as a result of injury. as someone with chronic back pain i can relate to what he's dealing with.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
timed training from today:

some americans looking fast already.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
So much to unpack there. I didn't mean to throw up the bat signal for crazy.

Being sincere for a moment, Gwin isn't just the most successful U.S downhill racer - he's statistically so far ahead of any other American racers with his results that no current U.S pro could touch his numbers. It will literally have to be a racer from another generation who hasn't yet left the junior ranks to potentially challenge him.

I'm not a fan for reasons that are probably irrational, so I won't go into that here.

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

ask him how he feels about ebikes. also being banned from most fb forums in the region. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ask him how he feels about ebikes. also being banned from most fb forums in the region. :rofl:

I think the last time he popped up here he was bragging about getting banned from Pinkbike or similar. It is very 'merican of him to be proud of his poor behavior.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Looks pretty fast and wide open for the slow and technical that the east coast is supposedly famous for.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Just watched Loic's preview on the Red Bull channel. Much rox. Biggliest of all the rox. No one has more rox than Snowshoe.

Srs tho, many rox....

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Danny Hart's POV from timed training is insane. It's hard to fathom how those guys go into the rocks so fast.

Also, that first hit in the vital raw is nuts.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
So who in here will be at the race? We are headed down super early Friday and will be there through the conclusion of the XC. Staying in Allegheny Springs, you might see us screaming and yelling from our balcony on sat night.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So who in here will be at the race? We are headed down super early Friday and will be there through the conclusion of the XC. Staying in Allegheny Springs, you might see us screaming and yelling from our balcony on sat night.
unfortunately didn't work out this year. used up too much PTO this earlier summer. plus with both kids in school now home logistics for my wife to handle by herself, and we don't have family in the area.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
So the EWS race from this weekend looks like more of a World Cup course than the World Cup course. This is why the Special Olympics of mtb has gotten popular.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Heading up Thursday - Sunday. Stoked as I missed the last one.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
So much to unpack there. I didn't mean to throw up the bat signal for crazy.

Being sincere for a moment, Gwin isn't just the most successful U.S downhill racer - he's statistically so far ahead of any other American racers with his results that no current U.S pro could touch his numbers. It will literally have to be a racer from another generation who hasn't yet left the junior ranks to potentially challenge him.

I'm not a fan for reasons that are probably irrational, so I won't go into that here.
Sounds like you feel the same way as many of us: Respect for his results, but just not a huge fan of him for other reasons. The personality that comes across through media never tells the whole story, but still.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Avy
The best guys usually get the most hate? I'm an american, favorite W.C guy is Bruni, and Greg Minaar is the goat, but yeah the hate for Gwinn is ridiculous. During his career he has more W.C wins himself than any other country combined.
The French, the Brits, or the Aussies will never be able to make that statement.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
There are a lot of people out there who are Really Good At Things and/or Rich who are absolute putzes. AG putz [sic] his putziness on full display and I'm not down with what he's into. Stamp your feet all you want about what a Good Bike Rider he is was