Quantcast

Snowshoe 2021

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You can hear and see Daprella's from wheel smash something at just before 2:15 of his run, at about -17:44 of the broadcast.

And then implodes on the next ROX

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Watched YouTube videos sitting in bed last night on this course...man I want to race it....
Tech and physical, got to lay back keep speed and not get stuck on square edge hits...

They need to take racing to tamarack in Idaho, right down rockstar , don't know why we don't have that support for places like that...but snow shoe looks like a wild ride ....
Saw they have back to back events, other course opens today with the drop....

Will be watching this....especially woods sections with double small drops...that's gonna be a deal killer for alot of guys...

Also I don't blame anyone for not racing if they aren't 100% healed or semi comfortable or race angry and aggressive regardless of damage...
Cause if you crash on that course I'm certain sections your going to get damage from small jagged rocks...skill isn't 100% gonna save you, it boils down to right line right time ......

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Loving watching those drift turns where Danny was on the edge.. #pishedonaSchoolnight

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
A yo e else think Nino nine time had look of... "I could win that "

Or have I just drunk too much? Again

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
God that steep section into the berms was so awesome to watch with all the drifting. Danny absolutely cooking it into the first one...

Thibaut must be furious at with those Enve wheels.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Good racing!

Bummer for Daprela. There's something ya gotta love about a guy who refuses to play it safe.

Anyway, stoked for Reece and cool to see two new winners today!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can hear and see Daprella's from wheel smash something at just before 2:15 of his run, at about -17:44 of the broadcast.

And then implodes on the next ROX
Looks like he pushed his front end, rock took the tire off then the rim gave up the ghost on the next rock.

Looking like race 2 will be a wet one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like he pushed his front end, rock took the tire off then the rim gave up the ghost on the next rock.

Looking like race 2 will be a wet one.
on the replay that appears to be the case. edit: he was running cush core too from the looks of it. must have been pushing super hard to get a tire with cush core to come off like that. /edit

my initial thought was that they under-tensioned the wheel. i've heard that mechanics and riders will sometimes experiment with different spoke tensions and even spokes as track conditions require, particularly on rocky ones.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Edit 2: Daprela needs to cross the line and not DNF, right?
from where he was on the track, the amount of time it would have taken him to walk down wouldn't have netted him any points.

speaking of the overall, holy shit will Saturday be exciting. shaping up to be another exciting last race.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
on the replay that appears to be the case. edit: he was running cush core too from the looks of it. must have been pushing super hard to get a tire with cush core to come off like that. /edit

my initial thought was that they under-tensioned the wheel. i've heard that mechanics and riders will sometimes experiment with different spoke tensions and even spokes as track conditions require, particularly on rocky ones.

No loud exploady sounds so maybe had already lost pressure.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No loud exploady sounds so maybe had already lost pressure.
probably not running high pressure to begin with.

also depends on the proximity of the camera to where he crashed. the camera seemed fairly far away, so it might not have picked up much of the sound to begin with.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
That was a great race. Can't wait to do it again on Saturday!

So what's today? Practice on course #2?

I may have to watch both DH and XC on playback as that's kind of in the middle of the day for us on MTN time. Got family things to do! Like ride my own damn bike! :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So what's today? Practice on course #2?
yes, practice today, qualifying tomorrow, race saturday.

XCC friday night, XCO sunday.

i will be watching all on replay too, because i too have family obligations, and can't get properly world cup drunk that early in the day.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
So glad there were no damn chainsaws out there.
It was cool for Stevie's Rock in Canada (maybe), but now at every DH and Enduro race it's just stoopid!

Hearing more "sick bro" and less "yeah boy" out there, you know it's 'merica baby!