Quantcast

Snowshoe Bike Park Opens this Saturday!

Jan 3, 2012
Just a quick reminder that Snowshoe Bike Park opens this Saturday (May 26) with 2 high speed detachable quad chairlifts featuring newly installed bike carriers servicing up to 1,500 vertical feet of Downill Fun!

NOAA is forecasting the following for opening weekend at Snowshoe:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

Memorial Day: Sunny, with a high near 76.

The $100 American Express Gift Card Season Pass Promo is still available for a limited time as well. Call 1-877-441-4386 to get yours!

Snowshoe Bike Park

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Any trails a beginner level women and 6 & 8 year old girls who are very capable could do down the mountain? I know there was talk once of building one, but never seen a video of it.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Just a quick reminder that Snowshoe Bike Park opens this Saturday (May 26) with 2 high speed detachable quad chairlifts featuring newly installed bike carriers servicing up to 1,500 vertical feet of Downill Fun!

NOAA is forecasting the following for opening weekend at Snowshoe:

Saturday: Mostly raining

Saturday Night: Partly raining

Sunday: Mostly raining

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low chance of riding because lightning shut down the lifts and its raining

Memorial Day: a sh1t ton more rain

The $100 American Express Gift Card Season Pass Promo is still available for a limited time as well. Call 1-877-441-4386 to get yours!

Snowshoe Bike Park
still love that place:D

Jan 3, 2012
Bizutch,

The brand new beginner / family trail hasn't been completed yet, but we're putting some work into our existing beginner trail to improve the experience that it offers until the new trail is complete. My suggestion would be to look into the Camp Wildcat program for the 6 & 8 year old girls (an adventure youth day camp for kids) and either take the beginner level woman on our existing beginner trail, or enroll her in the Bike Park 101 program. The new trail will be suitable for kids that age, but I think 6 would be a bit young for the existing trail. Alternatively, you could ride the existing beginner trail yourself first thing in the morning and make a personal assessment based on your knowledge of the kids' skill level and probably determine whether or not they would have a good experience on it and go from there.

Hope that helps.

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
Bikes are fine. But apparently when you jump a gap and point your foot down and use it like an anchor it bends backwards and breaks? Who'd a thunk it? 4 more weeks till I can put weight in it 10 more till I'm healed wtf was I thinking.

mbrennan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2011
It took me 2 weeks to even be able to look at them. You are right nothing good about being hurt.

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Just wanted to report back on opening weekend. I have been up there for the previous 3 opening weekends and this one was by far the best as far as trail conditions go. You could tell right away that a lot of work has been done up there. Lot's of extra jumps and better berms on the groomed trails and the rougher trails were all clear and mostly dry!

As usual a great friendly atmosphere and although milohead was somewhat correct in his prediction on the weather (afternoon thunderstorms closed the lifts on Sat and Sun) there was plenty of top notch riding to be had. Especially as they opened the lifts up until 7pm after the rain on Sat. Not sure if they opened up again on Sun as it rained a fair bit and me and my bike where starting to feel two days of non-stop downhill :-)

Can't wait to get back up there. Thanks to the Snowshoe team for a great weekend.

d