Quantcast

Snowshoe Event Schedule 2006

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
I know there has been some discussion and curious minds as to what the event schedule is looking like for 2006. Below is a preliminary schedule for 06. This is a ruff draft so some changes may be made, though we are fairly comfortable in saying that this is probably what we will be looking at.

Snowshoe race and event dates:

5/27 - 28: Freeride Weekend- Season Opening
6/24-25: Race 1
7/1-2: July 4th
7/21-22: Race 2
8/12-13: Wine and Jazz
8/18,19,20: Monster Park / Race 3
9/9-10: Mayhem - Series Final

For all these dates both the western and basin lifts will be operating

Shaums March Camps dates are being determined as we speak

We have also been looking into having a March snow event to include a Mass Downhill/MTX and a FreeRide event. More info will be coming soon. This will be a weather dependent event.

We will have two season pass options this year
• one for all season
• one for all western lift weekends

Misc info:
Series cash purse starting at $20,000
Prizes and swag in addition to the cash purse

Race Format
We are exploring some possibilities here.
1 or 2 course format with leaning toward 1
Class setup will probably be Pro and Amateur with age
divisions.

Dirt Jump/Slopestyle area:
Located on skidder
Will include: Skate Park, dirt jumps, Drop Park and features
from last years Monsterpark.

All events will include entertainment and lodging options

Although tentative, we are looking at a tent camping area on top of the mountain with facilities for riders wanting less expensive option.

We will be updating our web page with official info asap.
www.ride.snowshoemtn.com

It's good to hear the enthusiasm for next summer.

Thanks from all of us here at Snowshoe Mountain!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Sounds excellento !!

Try to get the camping squared away please. It isnt that bad now but could be better.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Trevyn...that sounds insane. The idea of the skate/jump/drop park on skidder just makes for a killer atmosphere, esp after the lifts close and there is still hours of daylight left...

My only question/request is regarding expansion...Do you have plans to expand the bike park on the basin side as well as integrate more features (bike park like) on the western territories side? There is still alot of mountain left at snowshoe, that a creative mind could put to some good use. :sneaky:

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Although tentative, we are looking at a tent camping area on top of the mountain with facilities for riders wanting less expensive option.
Definitely a good idea. If it happens, I definitely won't miss camping at silvercreek's parking lot.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
b stevens said:
7/21-22 same weekend as national championships in mammoth:(
no mtnx this year?
I like to race MTNx, but this years turn out at the Mayhem race was pitiful. I understand them not wanting to invest the time and resources in it without the national. I heard talk about a DS track on the skidder slope.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Is there any chance you could run the lift the Friday before race weekend also.....?

Snowshoe courses are long, is alot to take-in in one day......also is long drive out there for most everyone.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Cant Climb said:
Is there any chance you could run the lift the Friday before race weekend also.....?

Snowshoe courses are long, is alot to take-in in one day......
The way they run it is practice all day Saturday,
then a long practice on Sunday and then the race.
So you do get in a ton of riding.
But I ain't arguing with you on getting the lift running for an extra day.:thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Cant Climb said:

Snowshoe courses are long, is alot to take-in in one day......
If they don't add Fridays they of course are running the shuttles, but I suggest you head up there opening weekend and ride all the western territory trails. A good solid weekend on the trails and you should ready for whatever trail they run.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
The shuttle works for fryday but i would like to see something like if you are registered to race then its an additonal $15 to use the shuttle on that day. That's how pkill does it when they have fryday practice.

With the shuttle, if you get there by noon you can then get 6 shuttle runs in.....so the lift might not required.....

Wonder how many new trails they're going to build, that bikepark side is like crack.....love thoose trails.....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Cant Climb said:

Wonder how many new trails they're going to build, that bikepark side is like crack.....love thoose trails.....
:stupid:

I know, dont get me wrong i love the place but they need more,more,more...maybe some flow element through the insane rock stuff. flow = fun.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
As of right now there are no plans for a MTX course to be built on Log Slide (where it was last year). Too big of a project and cost for the program to take on alone. Though the area on skidder will have a variation of Dirt Jump Park, Slalom/MTX course, and Freeride Park. The skate park will also be moving and expanding to this area. The possibility of developing a raceable Slalom/Mtx course in this area is there. We will have to assess a number of things and come up with an ideal layout for the best use of this area. Hopefully it will be all and more...

Oh, and tell morgan I liked his picture in the new Decline mag.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I vote dual track like the one at wisp it wasnt long or huge but loads of fun and i don't think it'd take a lot for u guys to make it.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Sick. Looking forward to seeing the Snowshoe crew next year. I'm gonna try and make it up for all the races, work permitting.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
mobius said:
I vote dual track like the one at wisp it wasnt long or huge but loads of fun and i don't think it'd take a lot for u guys to make it.
Yeah, me too.
You can put way less effort into a slalom course, and it is still 10 times more fun to race and watch than MTX.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
duel would work and I would'nt expect to see a mtnx course like the last two years I can't even begin to think of what that must cost to build, a saturday evening duel race would be cool. spectators listening to a band and having a drink while watching some racing, it might just get some people to hang out longer and spend some more money and spend the night. which is what snowshoe wants, look at the national this year and how many hung out at the duel race. just a thought:thumb:

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
T-Pro said:
As of right now there are no plans for a MTX course to be built on Log Slide (where it was last year). Too big of a project and cost for the program to take on alone. Though the area on skidder will have a variation of Dirt Jump Park, Slalom/MTX course, and Freeride Park. The skate park will also be moving and expanding to this area. The possibility of developing a raceable Slalom/Mtx course in this area is there. We will have to assess a number of things and come up with an ideal layout for the best use of this area. Hopefully it will be all and more...

Oh, and tell morgan I liked his picture in the new Decline mag.
Trev,
It would be great If you could integrate a DS course into the DJ Park . I think you would get better participation than last year by offering DS over MTX and get more spectators because of a more convient location.

The Decline pic was a nice suprise. Thanks for noticing.
Have a great winter

Chas

Tonic

Chimp
Jul 18, 2004
Seattle, WA
Would be cool if you scheduled a race between the U.S. Open and the Sugar Mountain NORBA National.

For us west coast folks making the trek across the country, June 3/4th is an open weekend on what will be a month long east coast trip (U.S. Open May 26-28th, Off Weekend, Sugar Mtn Jun 10/11th, Mt. Snow Jun 17/18th).

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Tonic said:
Would be cool if you scheduled a race between the U.S. Open and the Sugar Mountain NORBA National.

For us west coast folks making the trek across the country, June 3/4th is an open weekend on what will be a month long east coast trip (U.S. Open May 26-28th, Off Weekend, Sugar Mtn Jun 10/11th, Mt. Snow Jun 17/18th).
I would recommend that you spend that week off at Snowshoe even if they aren't having a race that weekend.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Msisle Dad said:
Trev,
It would be great If you could integrate a DS course into the DJ Park . I think you would get better participation than last year by offering DS over MTX and get more spectators because of a more convient location.

Chas
This would be cool, but you gotta keep the dj's DJ's if you know what i mean, you cant turn them into highspeed race humps that arent fun to trick over. There is a big difference, well maintained lips are key.