Quantcast

Snowshoe Gap jump...An SK6 Perspective....(HUGE 56k KILLER!!!!)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, so I was fortunate enough to go to the Shoe this past weekend. What a great weekend of riding!!! I worked out a bunch of stuff, and the friggin course is off the hook!!!

Anyway, here a couple of pics I took of the ramp and three infamous riders hitting it.

This is from standing at the end of the ramp.

Here's roughly where you would land, right at the tranny:

Side shot of ramp:

Clear shot of the end.

OK, so here we are with Tpro hitting it:
(Can you find the hidden secret in the pic?There is one, you have to look real close!! Its in all three pics)

Ok, here we have Dink hitting it. The one where he's crossed up was insane!

And, last but not least, here we have Banche!!!

There ya have it....I have a few more, but thats the gist of it....

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
are those banche photos, photoshopped? I thought he never liked leavin the ground, good to see!

btw. the added lip to the take off looks like a nice addition! good work fellas!

edit: Are those metal rods along the course for the course ribbon? They look like they could be painful...

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Castle said:
snip>are those banche photos, photoshopped? I thought he never liked leavin the ground, good to see!

edit: Are those metal rods along the course for the course ribbon? They look like they could be painful...
Nope - I seen it with my own eyes!

and

The rods are PVC, and they are flexy - atleast the ones I looked at were.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BUCKET said:
Nope - I seen it with my own eyes!

and

The rods are PVC, and they are flexy - atleast the ones I looked at were.
It was an illusion!!! Mirrors were used and no animals were harmed in the making of those photos.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
(Can you find the hidden secret in the pic?There is one, you have to look real close!! Its in all three pics)

He's got his Googles on backward????

Single crown fork???

I dunno.....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The Professor said:

He's got his Googles on backward????

Single crown fork???

I dunno.....

Well, the fork and the bike are not exactly a big bike now is it...;)

We have a winner! :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Castle said:
That would definitely get the attention of your ES&H Manager- a bunch of exposed rebar just waiting for an errant rider and a fondue pot full of cheese to make it complete. :rofl:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
DHracer1067 said:
so is the go around line actually alot slower or is all that pvc on the left side of the pic marking out the go around line.
Contrary to popular belief, the only penalty in the go around is that being air-born is a couple of seconds shorter. The go around is actually right next to the ramp. I also heard that the ramp will not be open for beginners or amatures, but I do not know that as fact.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
JeffKill said:
Were they pedaling into the lip? Or just rolling down the straight part of the run in?
Right in the woods is a berm to the right that lines you up to the ramp. I was too busy dicking around with the camera to notice if they were pedaling or not.

Anyone?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peete said:
Looks pretty stupid jumpish to me, Jeff.
I'd love to check that out. It looks very well built.
Yup. Brady got the big jump at the pit up and running again. He boosted it very easily five times or so. I brought no pads and was riding in my party hat so didn't mess with it but am not concerned about it - will probably overshoot it the first time. My pinkbikeometer says it's a little longer than the SS one, but I like the looks of the SS' lip better. Good times, regardless.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Trevyn is rocking his cowan DS w/ fox talas on it. It is actually built pretty strong and still a decent weight.

I can't believe banche is jumping his bike, when did he become a hucker

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mobius said:
Trevyn is rocking his cowan DS w/ fox talas on it. It is actually built pretty strong and still a decent weight.

I can't believe banche is jumping his bike, when did he become a hucker

That seems to be the general consensus. :D

He hit it a few times and nailed it beautifully every time..:thumb:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
So what is the word on this being in the amateur course? I hope it is because i really wanna hit that in a race run.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
sirknight6 said:
Dude, you must have just left, because they opened it at about 3:30 - 4ish.

Great weekend though wasn't it!
Are you kidding me we were on the western territories at 3:50 i know that because we asked the lift operator how much time we had. Ran part of the corse and my buddy shawn broke his hand on the jump at the bottom.

It was an incredible weekend, we rode from 9:00 (caught the first chair at 9:30 on wt) til 4:30 totally spent. Ill be there this upcoming weekend.

What bike/gear did you have on, this was me: