Quantcast

Snowshoe gonna be wet...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I already paid for the room, so I'm committed to going....The thought was thrown out earlier to just ride for the weekend and for-go racing....

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Is that girl still lined up for the couch?

If she bails for weather, can I be first in the line to take her place?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
Well, I already paid for the room, so I'm committed to going....The thought was thrown out earlier to just ride for the weekend and for-go racing....
Yeah I think since I have a season pass I am just going to ride on Sat and see what the weather does before I enter. As much as I ride SS I hate riding in the slop and I really hate racing in it.

Feel free to insert "your a p*ssy if you dont race in the mud" jokes any time you need.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Tattooo said:
Is that girl still lined up for the couch?

If she bails for weather, can I be first in the line to take her place?
Yes that girl is still lined up for the couch...she doesn't wuss out with the wet weather....if it's too wet to ride bikes isn't that what the bar is for!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
VT Mtbkr said:
Yes that girl is still lined up for the couch...she doesn't wuss out with the wet weather....if it's too wet to ride that's what the bar up there is for!
Jager and cookies maybe the weekend wont be a total washout

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Ummm...it's June and it's Snowshoe.

There's a reason there is a ski resort up there as the mountain has a knack for squeezing every drop of precipitation from every passing cloud.

There will be no whining!!!!

We're gonna play in the mud and have fun...DAMMIT!!!! :mumble:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Dartman said:
Ummm...it's June and it's Snowshoe.

There's a reason there is a ski resort up there as the mountain has a knack for squeezing every drop of precipitation from every passing cloud.

There will be no whining!!!!

We're gonna play in the mud and have fun...DAMMIT!!!! :mumble:
That's the spirit!:rofl:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
VT Mtbkr said:
Yes that girl is still lined up for the couch...she doesn't wuss out with the wet weather....if it's too wet to ride that's what the bar up there is for!
Uhhh, your comment above is quite funny if taken the wrong way.

I'm surprised that no one has asked if she's hot yet.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Coming, riding, wet, hot, rack, lube...All used in conversations with this young lady today...:think:

Wow, mountain biking can be SO dirty! :sneaky:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cool:

She's an awesome girl, and her boyfriend is a pretty cool dude as well. I mean...... he brings vodka to most gatherings! He's ok in my book! :thumb:

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
sirknight6 said:
Coming, riding, wet, hot, rack, lube...All used in conversations with this young lady today...:think:

Wow, mountain biking can be SO dirty! :sneaky:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cool:

She's an awesome girl, and her boyfriend is a pretty cool dude as well. I mean...... he brings vodka to most gatherings! He's ok in my book! :thumb:
I figure if you're going to participate in a male dominated sport you'd better learn their language. :sneaky:

Yeah he's pretty great, thanks to him we have a new sportworks bike rack to use this weekend!!!:)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
sirknight6 said:

The dude shows up one time, and to impress us he brought a bottle of vodka. Guess he impressed you! :D

But seriously, he's definantly a cool guy, and don't worry Anne, he'll be a helluva downhiller! :sneaky:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
The dude shows up one time, and to impress us he brought a bottle of vodka. Guess he impressed you! :D

But seriously, he's definantly a cool guy, and don't worry Anne, he'll be a helluva downhiller! :sneaky:
Shi!t, Greg brought the good vodka!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Denjen, got room for a fat kid with booze?

Does anyone know if its all full for the weekend? I might bring the wife, so I may just try to get a room of my own.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Tattooo said:
Denjen, got room for a fat kid with booze?

Does anyone know if its all full for the weekend? I might bring the wife, so I may just try to get a room of my own.
Sorry, no room where I'm at.

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
denjen said:
Yeah I think since I have a season pass I am just going to ride on Sat and see what the weather does before I enter. As much as I ride SS I hate riding in the slop and I really hate racing in it.

Feel free to insert "your a p*ssy if you dont race in the mud" jokes any time you need.
THERE'S ALWAYS WHITETAIL

IT'S MOSTLY ROCK ANYWAY SO IT DRAINS LIKE A STORM GUTTER

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
So for the mud up there, do you think running a Mich Comp 24 in the rear and a 32 up front are the way to go, or my tried and true Swampthing in the back and a Specialized Mud upfront?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Just for reference, I'm about an hour and a half east, right in the center of WV (Near Flatwoods, for those of you that travel I-79) and it's raining pretty hard as we speak. I'm leaving at 8 a.m. tomorrow anyway. A little rain never hurt anybody. To all who are campin, look for the guy on the giant faith. I'll be the one sliding all the way off the mountain on mmy face.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Tattooo said:
So for the mud up there, do you think running a Mich Comp 24 in the rear and a 32 up front are the way to go, or my tried and true Swampthing in the back and a Specialized Mud upfront?
I wouldnt recomend the 32. That is by far my favorite tire, but in the mud it is so big it floats on top. It isnt a good feeling when your front tire is hydro planing

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Tattooo said:
If your sponser is Intense, you could always try and run the Intruders - they're a really good mud tire. They are a little on the heavy side, but they shed mud really well. Or, an Intruder up front with a 909 in the rear for better braking. I thought Intense gave pretty good deals to their sponsered riders - atleast that's what I heard.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
SpasticJack said:
Comp 16s F and R are the Michie way to go unless it stays really soupy, then the Muds should come out.
I'm running 2.2 in the rear and 2.5 up front. I've never ridden these tires but I have heard great things for the impending conditions.

I'll be riding a mud covered glory with the matching kit, if you see me face down in the mud or the bar say hello.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
BUCKET said:
If your sponser is Intense, you could always try and run the Intruders - they're a really good mud tire. They are a little on the heavy side, but they shed mud really well. Or, an Intruder up front with a 909 in the rear for better braking. I thought Intense gave pretty good deals to their sponsered riders - atleast that's what I heard.

They do, I am just waiting for my order to arrive here. I have ordered pretty much one of each of their tires (which gives you an idea of how good the deals are) but since they won't be here until Monday or Tuesday I have to run what I have here at the house for this weekend.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
909 in the rear with it being so wet? I've decided to just go with the minion 2.5 dhf and dhr. If its real bad pack, I'll drop to a 2.35 f and r

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
corey_dcstreet said:
whitetail was dusty dry and faaaaaaaast! sorry to hear y'all got soaked!

For Real? :mumble:

Oh well, I was out with my buddies, had a good time, and just because the race was cancelled doesn't mean all was lost!

It was a ton of fun, and standing in the rain for 2 hours this morning got me a free race for next time :thumb: