Quantcast

Snowshoe lodging

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
In the early stages of planning a trip to Snowshoe, memorial day weekend. It will be me, my wife, my then 6 month old daughter, my dog and possibly a couple buddies. anyone have any recomendations on where to stay? probably looking for the condo type thing.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Spruce Realty is your best bet and are considerably less expensive than Snowshoe.

You can find them here.

Their rental division is actually known as Snowshoe Properties Management.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Anybody know if both lifts will be running on opening weekend? I know the western lift will be operating on weekends in July and August, but their site doesnt mention anything about opening weekend.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I emailed snowshoe asking about the western lift on opening weekend, and he replied saying they plan to operate the western lift on that weekend. Not anything official, but looks promising so far :thumb:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
What have y'all done in the past? You guys are always RIGHT by the parking lot.
John always sets up the condo for Snowshoe. He has been renting from the same guy for the past 10 years. I think it is Snowshoe Properties or something like that. PM JohnM if you want to know. The trick is finding 10-12 people that you get along with and renting a 4 bedroom condo. Then the price per person is cheap and everyone has their own bed. Seriously, we were about $60 a person for 3 nights total. Yes, that's about $20/person per night and you don't need to sleep on the floor.

And yes, you want to stay at Whistle Punk if you want to be right at the downhill trails. You have no idea how nice it is to get a drink out of the fridge or eat in your own condo 200 feet from the lift.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I've got a place up at Snowshoe that I rent out, but it's too small for what Vinny wants. But I've always got to throw a plug out for it whenever a Snowshoe lodging thread comes up.

Here is the site for my condo:
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p159505

You can PM me, or send me an e-mail through the site if you're interested.
I've stayed there and it is the bomb! REAL nice place. Good if you want to go with the wife and 1-2 kids. :thumb: :thumb:

Bad if it's a bunch of dude lookin' to drink rebel-rouse and not have to wait for the elevator. :D