Quantcast

Snowshoe NORBA head count

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
OK, I decided to post this in the lounge since a lot of people can see it and a lot of people may respond. Essentially I’m trying to get a head count of people going to Snowshoe on the weekend of the 20th for the NORBA National Championship Series Race.

This is for a couple of reasons.

1. So people can know whose going to be there from RM and meet up;

2. Help folks get together to help defray the cost of lodging.

So any and all comments can be posted here.

It would be cool to see some left coast monkies there!!

So, I'll see ya there! :thumb:

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
I'll be there. Look for me at the SIC Tent. I've got a black/brown Land Rover Discovery with a lift, some BFG MTRs and some other off road goodies on it as well. It will have 2 SIC banners on the doors of it and will be parked in the pits next to the SIC booth, come by and say hi. Oh ya and I'll be cruising around on one of these, which are kinda hard to miss

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I should be there...either in a white f-250, or blue Ranger. I'm going to try and organize a Silver Creek lot skid contest...winner gets a set of Michelin comp 32 and comp 24.1 that I have lying around...just for fun. Hope to see you guys there...and hopefully not to see any foul weather!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I will be there to hopefully race DH. I seek to win a prize for having the most uncoordinated riding gear: red, black, and grey helmet, white and orange checkered jersey with navy blue trim and lettering, unmatching orange goggles, yellow and royal blue socks... you get the picture.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
:think: I wonder if there's a prize for slowest time? I'll have to put that in the PDA to ask when I get up there. :rolleyes:

I have a black IH SGS with a 1.5 Sherman.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am going down just to hang out and shoot about 2 gb's worth of photos...I think the plan is to camp in silvercreek like we did during monster park was anyone around for that? Let me know, we should get a bunch of :monkey:'s to party it up sat night. i will be there in my all black lowered jetta, prob pedaling around on a session 7 or my black doc... say hi if you see me.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I will be up there at some point. Not sure if I am going to race have to see how work and home schedueles are.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I just got some people to cover for me at work on Friday, so I should be driving up Thursday night. I'll be racing Sport DH in the 19-29 catagory. Look for me in a Red Nissan Pathfinder pimped with Thule on top, Sportworks in the hitch :thumb:

I'll be riding my Maroon Rocky Mountain RMX..... and If I can find a euro bottom bracket and some pedals in three days, a green Rocky Mountain Flow

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I will be competing with capt jack for the loudest bike ensemble. GREEN Sunday with blue X-works up front. Pair that with a grey and black helmet and a red and white jersey and you have a winning combination. Hopefully it will be dry enough to run the helmet cam this year for practice. Possibly cruising pits on silver Enduro with camo Sherman out front.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
2005 SHIMANO NORBA NATIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKE SERIES

Schedule
..........................................................................................................................
Thursday, August 18

8am-6pm - Athlete Registration and Packet Pick up.

9am - Marathon Race

1pm-3pm - ALL CATEGORIES Fox Racing Shox DOWNHILL COURSE
WALKING ONLY Inspection
Downhill practice:
Experts 12 - 3
Pros 3 - 4:30

..........................................................................................................................
Friday, August 19

7am-6pm - Athlete Registration and Packet Pick-up.

8am-11am - Pro/Semi-Pro Downhill inspection and practice.

8am-10am - NON-PRO Mountain Cross inspection and practice.
(Includes Junior Experts)

10am - NON-PRO Mountain Cross Qualifications
(Includes Junior Experts)

11am-1pm - Beg/Sport/Older Expert Men 50+ and Women 40+
Downhill inspection and practice.

11:30am-2:30pm - Expert Category Downhill inspection and practice.12noon ALL Athletes and Team Managers Meeting

2pm - Semi-Pro/Junior Expert XC Race

1pm -3pm - Pro and Semi-pro Fox Racing Shox Mountain Cross inspection and practice.

2:30pm-3:30pm - Super D inspection and practice

3pm - Pro and Semi-pro Fox Racing Shox Mountain Cross Qualifications

4pm - NON-PRO Fox Racing Shox Mountain Cross Race.
(includes Junior Experts)

5:30 pm - Pro and Semi-pro Fox Racing Shox Mountain Cross Race

Saturday, August 20

7am-5pm - Athlete Registration and Packet Pick-up.8am-10am Beg/Sport/Older Expert Men 50+ and Women 40+ Fox Racing Shox Downhill inspection and practice.

8am - Sport Category Cross Country Race.

8:30am-10:30am - Pro and Semi-Pro Downhill inspection and practice.

10:30am - Beg/Sport/Older Expert Men 50+ and Women 40+
Fox Racing Shox Downhill Race

11am - Beginner Category Cross Country Race.

10:30am-12:30pm - Expert Fox Racing Shox Downhill inspection and practice.

1:00 pm - Expert Category FOX Racing Shox Downhill Race
(except Older Expert Men 50+/Women 40+).

1pm-3pm - Non-pro FOX Racing Shox Dual Slalom inspection and practice

2 pm - Pro Category Cross Country Race (Men at 2pm Women at 2:15pm)

3pm -4pm - Pro/Semi-Pro Fox Racing Shox Dual Slalom inspection and practice.

4pm - Non - pro Fox Racing Shox Dual Slalom Qualifying

4:30pm - Pro/ Semi-Pro Fox Racing Shox Dual Slalom Qualifying

5:30pm - Non- Pro Fox Racing Shox Dual Slalom Race

6:00pm - Pro/Semi-Pro Fox Racing Shox Dual Slalom Race

5pm - Registration closes for all events.

Sunday, August 21

7am - 9am - Athlete PACKET PICK-UP ONLY.

7am - Super D Inspection and practice.

8am - Super D Race

8am - Expert Category Cross Country Race

9am-10am - Pro/Semi-pro Fox Racing Shox Downhill inspection and practice.

10am -11:30am - PRO Men and Women FOX Racing Shox Downhill Qualifying

11:40am - Semi-Pro Category Fox Racing Shox Downhill Race

12 Noon - Pro Men/Women Fox Racing Shox Downhill Race

12:15pm - Shimano Kid’s Race

12:30pm - Junior Expert Men Category Short Track Race

1:00pm - Semi Pro Men Category Short Track Race

1:30pm - Pro Short Track inspection and practice.

2:00pm - Pro Women Short Track Race

2:30pm - Pro Men’s Short Track Race

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
drt_jumper said:
Mike I got a set of Ringle' octane peds you can use.

Thanks, but I still need a BB. AND, I don't have enough money to enter the DH race, much less another one too. I am soooooo low on cash its not even funny. This may be the credit card trip :eek:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Thanks, but I still need a BB. AND, I don't have enough money to enter the DH race, much less another one too. I am soooooo low on cash its not even funny. This may be the credit card trip :eek:
Whats the fee?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Nevermind...I am not racing mountainx now...Now f-ing way I am getting up at 4:30 to pay $70 just to ride my bike....see you all there sometime sat....later adam

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
drt_jumper said:
Nevermind...I am not racing mountainx now...Now f-ing way I am getting up at 4:30 to pay $70 just to ride my bike....see you all there sometime sat....later adam

I'll look for ya. I heard Cell phones don't work up there, but....... you can try to call me anyway.