Quantcast

Snowshoe Opening Weekend Roll Call

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Oh man...some of us are going to Windrock and are in the same boat - looking to find a bar playing UFC71. Besides Chuck/Rampage, Karo v. Burkman is going to be a hella fight.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Tell you what...........both condos I rented do not have access to Pay Per View.

Saturday night is the UFC Liddell vs. Jackson re-match..........if you have access to Pay Per View let me know. There are several in our group that want to see that fight bad and will definately kick in $$$ to see it.

Does anyone know if we give money to the Fox Fire or the Junction will they buy the fight?
we will chip in on the fight also, I don't know about the ppv in the bars, they didn't get it last year..

downhill66

Monkey
Aug 23, 2005
doing somthing....
Tell you what...........both condos I rented do not have access to Pay Per View.

Saturday night is the UFC Liddell vs. Jackson re-match..........if you have access to Pay Per View let me know. There are several in our group that want to see that fight bad and will definately kick in $$$ to see it.

Does anyone know if we give money to the Fox Fire or the Junction will they buy the fight?
Fox fire probly will at the bar if u ask them

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

I'll kick in a gew bucks for that!!

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.
I'm flying into Charlotte tomorrow afternoon, and acording to Rob, my bike is already there.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
With as many people itching to see this, one of the bars is probably the best bet, although it might take some sweet talking to the manager or something. The Junction has a much bigger area and several TV's, so I'd try there first.

Jun 11, 2004
With as many people itching to see this, one of the bars is probably the best bet, although it might take some sweet talking to the manager or something. The Junction has a much bigger area and several TV's, so I'd try there first.
Yeah, you are right....Junction is bigger and more TV's. I guess we'll give them first shot.

The "sweet talking" should be $$$. I think the fight is only $40 or $50.

So if they charged everyone who wanted to watch $5.00 they will easily MAKE money.

I hope that works out.........I really want to see that fight!

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
demo dave this is the judge in Indiana. I think I rode with you at Snowshoe a couple times last year. I am planning on going over to WV on Thursday night. If you guys are riding Friday let me know. However, your idea about having a bar get the fight on ppv probably won't work. There are usually different rates for public places based upon the maximum capacity for the bar. The cover charge for each person would be much greater than $5 to $10.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Ahh good point. If that doesn't work, I'm not real sure what the next option would even be.

Oh well. WHO WANTS MARGARITAS?! EXTRA-SECRET INGREDIENTS AT NO COST!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
demo dave this is the judge in Indiana. I think I rode with you at Snowshoe a couple times last year. I am planning on going over to WV on Thursday night. If you guys are riding Friday let me know. However, your idea about having a bar get the fight on ppv probably won't work. There are usually different rates for public places based upon the maximum capacity for the bar. The cover charge for each person would be much greater than $5 to $10.
Hey D, we meet last year in the store....talked legal crap! look forward to seeing you again! Seems like this weekend is shaping up to be HUGE!

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Im gonna miss the opener. I nearly broke my femur on the western side of the Nut. I have a contusion covering my whole upper leg. Denjen has a pic.
Its just one weekend of a whole season. See you guys soon

Jun 11, 2004

Hey Judge! Whats up?

I'll definately see you somewhere on the mountain Friday!

I didn't think of the public place thing with the cover charge. :bonk:

All I know is a BUNCH of us want to see the fight AND will pay to see it! So hopefully something can be arranged............

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
There was a sports bar at silver creek last year. That may be a possibility. Or there is a new place at the top of the world, if they are open they may be doing something

beachbum

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
coastal nc
There was a sports bar at silver creek last year. That may be a possibility. Or there is a new place at the top of the world, if they are open they may be doing something
Yea, the bar at silvercreek is on a new and different satellite system from snowshoe so if you don't have any luck at sn, Misty's Sports bar, they have 3 large screens, also some video gambling in the back room, make sure you spend a $hitload of money there, it keeps my homeowners due low.
bob

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Whoever ends up being "that guy" this weekend has a tough act to follow though. I went from "god" to "good" to "pukey" in about 2 hours. That's quality right there.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Now that I think about it, I might be trying to outdo myself. I have plenty of reason for celebration. Today is my last day at my job, and tomorrow is my graduation ceremony. Everything's coming up Mr. Ridiculous!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Now that I think about it, I might be trying to outdo myself. I have plenty of reason for celebration. Today is my last day at my job, and tomorrow is my graduation ceremony. Everything's coming up Mr. Ridiculous!
Graduated AND no job??? Wow, your one hell of a catch for some young lady......Bet they're linin' up.....better bring your Margarita goggles.....

:p

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Guitar, shmitar. I'm waiting for somebody to chime in with "keyboardists get all the honeys."

All musical differences aside, I'm freakin pumped for this weekend. Sounds like it's gearing up to be epic. Can't wait to see everybody.