Quantcast

Snowshoe opening weekend

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
is snowshe opening this comming weekend? who will be up there instead of wisp and where is the us open? Wisp? Also does anyone want some ethirteen direct bar mounts for boxxers and some other forks?

ohh and one more thing yippie for VA forum and you should all look forward to my illiterate posts.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
i hear wisp is a thirty minute lift ride up for a 3 minute dh, so it depends on what your lookin for. ohh and it is about three hours from dc. im plannin on hitten up the snowshoe

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I'll be at Wisp. Need the write off.
And I need to show my sponsors I am actually racing.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Wow, My wife REALLY wants me to stay home....REALLY suggested it!

So, I'm planning for a day trip to Wintergreen....so...

Y'all have fun for me up at Snowshoe...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
SK: Normally when I get things "suggested" they aren't really "suggestions" per se. Demands with the threat of violence cloaked in pretty speech.

The upside, you can make "suggestions" for the time at home...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Tattooo said:
SK: Normally when I get things "suggested" they aren't really "suggestions" per se. Demands with the threat of violence cloaked in pretty speech.

The upside, you can make "suggestions" for the time at home...

And that my dear sir is the whole reason for my "agreeing" to this. :sneaky:

:blah:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Perverts of a feather and all that...

So other then weekends where "suggestions" are traded like Enron stocks, are you racing at all this summer?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Tattooo said:
Perverts of a feather and all that...

So other then weekends where "suggestions" are traded like Enron stocks, are you racing at all this summer?
yes, of course! I'll be at Snowshoe at the end of June. You?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think I am doing white tail that weekend to get points in the MAC. I need to bust some ass this year, I have this overwhelming drive to move up to semi-pro to try to work my way onto a team. One last season in the sun before I'm 30 has become this big thing right now.

Sometime you should come down here, bring your DJ bike. The secret spot in my yard is 1/2 done, should be finished by the weekend. Nothing massive, but its got a keg and BBQ two steps from the drop in.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I won the bar mounts at mass but I dont have DC fork let alone a boxxer so Im just looking to get a little cash out of them they retail for like 150 they are apparently pretty sweet. Im just looking to get a tad bit for them. also anyone near cville have room for two on their trip to snowshoe? and last where is the US open?

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
hey charlie, i'm going up this weekend, i just got my boxxer wc in and i ordered that direct mount thing that you won...too late i guess. I'm bringin my friend will and we are staying sat. and sun. night. what's your number? we can rip it up down hairball.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
any word on if Powerline has reached stp yet? It would rule if you could run that trail without having to take the full beating in getting to it.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
homepiece said:
any word on if Powerline has reached stp yet? It would rule if you could run that trail without having to take the full beating in getting to it.
I was wondering the same thing. Havent seen any info about it on their web site. See you friday night. Give Buzz some hell for me on the ride down. Keep his hand out of the cookie jar while he is driving:rofl:

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Justin and I keep telling him that we are leaving thurs night without him since we both have Fri off... Give him a call and tell him that we are meeting you guys there so we can ride on Fri. I love messing with buzz. My favorite pastime.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
homepiece said:
Word I have is no. There isn't money in the budget for both Powerline and Monster Park.

Mike

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dartman said:
Will they be running the shuttle Friday? If not bring your XC bike.

Mike

Over the last week, we've received lots of emails inquiring when the mountain bike trails at Snowshoe will be opening for the summer 2006 season - we'll, here's the answer. The Bike Park and all the Downhill Trails will be opening on Friday, May 26. This will be the official start of the season! Between now and then, we'll be out on the hill adding new trails and features as well as the new Dirt Jump / Slopestyle Park. In fact, all this work will kick off on Monday, April 17. Stay tuned for updates and pictures of our building process.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
homepiece said:
Justin and I keep telling him that we are leaving thurs night without him since we both have Fri off... Give him a call and tell him that we are meeting you guys there so we can ride on Fri. I love messing with buzz. My favorite pastime.
I cant believe you guys are waiting. The second I found out I had friday off I knew I was going. Buzz doest need you to hold his hand. He knows how to get there

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
denjen said:
Over the last week, we've received lots of emails inquiring when the mountain bike trails at Snowshoe will be opening for the summer 2006 season - we'll, here's the answer. The Bike Park and all the Downhill Trails will be opening on Friday, May 26. This will be the official start of the season! Between now and then, we'll be out on the hill adding new trails and features as well as the new Dirt Jump / Slopestyle Park. In fact, all this work will kick off on Monday, April 17. Stay tuned for updates and pictures of our building process.
I suppose I completely missed that from the website, didn't I. :rolleyes:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
He tried to talk me into going, but since Sandy wants me here, here is where I shall be...

AND, I just bought a new car, so, I have to be frugal....:rolleyes:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
My wife has pulled that routine on me for the week before Nationals.

We've made "compromises." I reccomend you negotiate, you can get a pretty good set of terms if you mope around your bike a bunch.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
denjen said:
who you trying to convince? us or you
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What did you buy Ralphie?!

And I wish I could be there, but i have to work. Took of two weeks ago for Massanutten, last weekend for Graduation, I gotta work this weekend :( You all have fun and ride some for me!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
who you trying to convince? us or you
No way dude, it's all good!!! :thumb:

I'll have "Guilt Sex!" :sneaky: A couple of times!

Ya see ,guilt sex is when she feels guilty for making me stay home...........................

AND

Since she feels so guilty.............

She doesn't scream for help! :D

OR.......................

Fall asleep! :thumb:

:D

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Man, and all this time I was thinking she was the Easter Bunny.

SK: What about a road trip down to NC for the race?