Quantcast

Snowshoe Pics

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Well, opening weekend was great at Snowshoe. We got lots of rain Friday night so the trails were nice and tacky, and they have made some changes up there. First, they have steepened the transitions in the Drop Park, and added a dirt jump/Slopestyle park, with a 6-Pack of tabletops and two 6-Pack Double lines thus far. They have also relocated the skatepark over near The Connection building, and have moved the "Practice Area" that was located behind the Alleghany Springs hotel at the bottom of the drop park.

Anyway, here are some pics. I didn't get any of the trails, but they are in great shape and super fun to ride.

Goofin around in the skatepark.

The "big" drop at the drop park.

The first berm into the dirt jumps.

And the dirt jumps.

Ben from Freeride South...

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
GR8 pics man, looks like it's a blast. Heard there was about 10 new trails between the DH side and the Freeride side, are they as good as the others? We will be there mid July, can't wait:drool: well get em broke in for us.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
haromtnbiker said:
Nice body armor! :) I would die riding there with a skid lid on! :dead:

Looks fun!
Haha. I rode with forearm/elbow guards and a full face helmet for the trails, and rode the drop park and DJ's with the skate helmet and took off the arm guards. You'd be stupid to go down most of the trails there without full face and full armor.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
WSR THE QUOTA said:
GR8 pics man, looks like it's a blast. Heard there was about 10 new trails between the DH side and the Freeride side, are they as good as the others? We will be there mid July, can't wait:drool: well get em broke in for us.
The trails are fantastic. Trail H on the Freeride side (which had the rock drop at the end) no longer has the rock drop, and they have added a few trails for sure. Power Line has had a lot of work, and the Pro DH course is tons of fun, especially the massive hip on the Pro course.

You'll have fun don't worry.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
sneakysnake said:
do you have any more pics of ben and his lime green mechanix gloves?
I do, but they didn't come out so good. Aaron (DownHill66) took some sweet ones of the both of us, so I'll get him to put those up here ASAP.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
downhill66 said:
ive got some great pics but their massive, and in raw. so when i cnvert and make them smaller ill try 2 get them up
You're dad let you touch the nice camera? I just lost respect for him...

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
WKC said:
The trails are fantastic. Trail H on the Freeride side (which had the rock drop at the end) no longer has the rock drop, and they have added a few trails for sure. Power Line has had a lot of work, and the Pro DH course is tons of fun, especially the massive hip on the Pro course.

You'll have fun don't worry.
man that sounds gr8 thanx for the info.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
downhill66 said:
your just jelious. i think im gona use it at sugar if i go, make that i know. maby ill let u touch it, maby.
I tell you what....you let me touch it and I'll teach you how to spell the extremely complicated 2 syllable word "maybe."