Quantcast

Snowshoe Race 1 Pics/Report

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Hey dudes and ladies! First race at Snowshoe Mountain was this past weekend (June 19-21) and it was pretty all right! As far as reports go, this one will be sort of lame, because I only got one day of riding in all weekend. Got there late on Friday just after a big rainstorm and once we got checked into the room and all that I didn't feel like getting suited up and riding in a mudfest for only one or two runs. Instead I got an early start on the festivities for the weekend.

Saturday, woke up to howling winds and intermittent rain. After my third run, at around noon, it came another heavy rain. I know this all too well because it started literally ten seconds after I got on the lift, so I was left with no cover for the duration. At one point it even began to hail/sleet (couldn't really tell, but it was very small). I cleaned my bike off as my drivetrain was in shambles, and had to resort to loosening up my bashguard to remove some rocks that had somehow wedged themselves mega-tight between it and my chainring. Decided to do another run and the mid-day rain had turned it into a complete sh*tshow. Crashed near the bottom and snapped my derailleur hanger. WEAK! I didn't have any with me (stupid), and I couldn't find the two or three dudes I saw on Faiths to ask them if they had any extra I might procure from them.

Sunday, bikeless, I decided to just walk the course and help my friend take pictures. Ok, I carried his beer. Anyway, I think he took some cool shots, so here are some. The rest are at the following link. He got everybody but maybe three people that popped up too fast to snap while we were walking, so sorry to those people! Hope you guys dig it.

Link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mongo_gmoney/sets/72157620181968273/?page=2

Rider 138 on a wicked M6

Konabumm

Little Phil doin' his thing

Rider 120 sendin' it

Rider 167 doing his best Rider 120 impression

G-spot being spiky

Lauren Daney shredding (Thanks Dart!).

Rider 12 (I think) in a gnarly little section towards the bottom.

Chris Herndon gettin' all splashy

Rider 8 (Peter) doing likewise

Mulestar possibly flatting

Flat turns bro!

Gerrit Beytagh putting the hammer down

Men's Pro podium shot

Top 3 (I think, correct me if wrong):
1. Chris Herndon
2. Gerrit Beytagh
3. James Ford

Sorry for the massive post. Check the link if you wanna see yourself slaying it. Also got the other podium shots there as well. If you're one of the ones we missed, let me know and if you're at another race we'll be sure to get you.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sick...thanks for the report.

More importantly, thanks for the floorspace! You definitely earned a place to stay if you make it to any NC races this summer. Tell Grayson good job on the pics!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Sick...thanks for the report.

More importantly, thanks for the floorspace! You definitely earned a place to stay if you make it to any NC races this summer. Tell Grayson good job on the pics!
No problem! I'm going to try to make it down at least for the race in late August, and also possibly some collegiate races.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Who's the super pro in Captain America's underware? A skin suit! Seriously!
That's Tim Price....the skinsuit is his thing and what he earned for being on the worlds junior team for two years or so. I would rock the USA worlds team skinsuit as well if I earned it....plus, it's good for some laughs.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
So you guys were the ones with the bright flash in the woods! I couldn't see anything for the first 3-4 seconds of that mud section after the rock drop (that I didn't hit). But I would rather have ample pictures of myself than be able to see. :D

Awesome pics!

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Nice pics! I had an XC race at Snowshoe like 6 or 7 years ago, but I've never ridden downhill there. I still have nightmares about that mud...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Doug...explain please...those grips are there for a reason. Giving the camera man the finger?
I thought to myslef, why does this guy want a pic of me sitting down? I think I was tearing off my tear-off.

But I made it to awards just in time to collect all the praise one desires for 9th. Yet again sitting down. I never go anywhere without a seat.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I thought to myslef, why does this guy want a pic of me sitting down? I think I was tearing off my tear-off.
Haha yeah that wasn't a good spot for pics, but we kind of got caught there while some people were coming down, but we were trying to get shots of everybody. You were in the middle of removing your tear-off as you passed us.