Quantcast

Snowshoe Race #2

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Are any of you southern monkeys making the journey up to SS this weekend? I'm trying to decide between Blue Mtn and SS for this weekend and lodging is the big difference right now. Blue has 10 dollar camping in the parking lot, which is very tempting but if I had my choice I think I would rather race at SS. I was wondering if anyone already has lodging and possibly some extra space on the floor for a former southerner. I will chip in of course, and will bring a cooler of beer :D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Eh, I dont facebook. Can some tell me generally which track it is?

Edit: Found it on their website. BooYah! Hare Ball!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
ya I can't wait. I've never raced on hare ball before or even ridden the wild zone. It looks to be one of the tougher trails out there though. I just hope the weather holds out and its nice and dry like race #1.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Absolutely best track on the mountain. IMO its what downhilling is about. Tech and gnar. But Hareball is the most gravity feed track on the hill so its fun to ride. You tend to not get burned out pedaling Shay's Revenge all the time.

Wild Zone is easy. I think the 90s are the hardest part of the track. But the rock gardens on Hareball are awesome. I remember last year on Saturday we were KILLING that first rock garden. Can't wait.

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Is there camping at Snowshoe? I havent been since 05.

Also, what are the odds someone has a DH rig I can borrow? I know, a long shot.

Definitely racing giant slalom.

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
anybody have the giant slalom results? it's not posted on Snowshoes website for either race....

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
anybody have the giant slalom results? it's not posted on Snowshoes website for either race....
Amatuer 3

1) Will Murray
2) Tome Opincar
3) Forgot, he fell first run. Not good since the two runs were combined

Pro

1) ?
2) Vance Nonno
3) ?

Herndon went down in practice and reinjured his thumb

Walker Shaw 14 years old placed first in Am 1. Would have placed 3rd in Pro

In pro 3, 4, and 5 were .06 seconds within each other.

Pro had 11 riders

Last edited:

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
David, I will be at the next two for sure. I am looking forward to racing dual instead of a 21 second giant slalom. Trying to get back into it after 5 years off!