Quantcast

Snowshoe Race 3 2008

Jul 14, 2008
Fairmont, West Virginia
yea i do not know how there going to finish it.. i know that the cup cake gap, west ridge, and the pro dh gap will be there... itd def be crazy to see them tie that back together somehow... i was amazed watchin Herndon, Price, Neko, and Trevyn jsut kill it through there

S

seespotendo

they should have the start in the village! that would be so sweet!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
don't know where you get your information, but i highly doubt the West Ridge road gap from last year will be in the 3rd race this season.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
heard the course will go through chainsmoke near the bottom, past the turkey rock
rumors are awesome. Greg said another rumor was they'll use some portion of Powerline. Which led me to think...'My God!" That road to get to Powerline is pure fear at race speed!" :biggrin: It's not big deal to just ride it fast...but racing down that rock strewn thing...Pucker!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
rumors are awesome. Greg said another rumor was they'll use some portion of Powerline. Which led me to think...'My God!" That road to get to Powerline is pure fear at race speed!" :biggrin: It's not big deal to just ride it fast...but racing down that rock strewn thing...Pucker!
My favorite line there!!!!!!! To bad I will not be racing it. Next year.....

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Rumor has it that the new connector to powerline will be done before the race (2 weeks), which I believe is just an extension of powerline so it would be something like Ninja bob > longer powerline. Instead of ballin jack > powerline .

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Rumor has it that the new connector to powerline will be done before the race (2 weeks), which I believe is just an extension of powerline so it would be something like Ninja bob > longer powerline. Instead of ballin jack > powerline .
this is the only correct thing in this thread I think...
there is a connector trail being built, but I haven't heard word one about any part of powerline/ninja bob/chainsmoke being used in a race course.
the title of this thread should just be Snowshoe Rumor Mill.

i heard they're going to be using the shuttles for the next race in an effort to save money by not running the Western lift. :brow:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I wish whoever took Brad's computer would give it back so that he could just come on here and set everyone straight.

My vote: make it fast. I really liked the high speed sections and steep turns in the last few races.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
My vote: make it fast. I really liked the high speed sections and steep turns in the last few races.
Ditto. The ones from the first race that were still on Intro/WW course were soooo sick. I just about peed myself every time I came through couple of those I was having so much fun.

The upper rock garden was a blast too. Gotta keep a good mix for sure.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
My vote: Make it technical, again. Speed in open sections is easy. Tech skills in the tight switchbacks and rocks is where its at.

This course was a great mix. One or two pedal sections, lots turns/corners/switchbacks, a couple gaps, some high speed, and lots of rock.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
My vote: Make it technical, again. Speed in open sections is easy. Tech skills in the tight switchbacks and rocks is where its at.

This course was a great mix. One or two pedal sections, lots turns/corners/switchbacks, a couple gaps, some high speed, and lots of rock.
What's so fun about that. You ride that stuff out your back door.:D
Speaking of your back door....two words. Timing System. 3 more...have a race. 3 more words...it would be SICK!!!:cheers:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI

Yeah, I liked the last race course too. That said, lower hairball beats the snot out of you so it's hard to ride a whole bunch of runs on Friday and Saturday and still go fast on Sunday. Again, not a complaint just a preference.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thats what Southern Rocks is for. :)

I have not been on my DH bike since the last SS race and not one single run or all my practice runs together was I ever tired on that course. I remember after my first run down the course I remember thinking to myself,..."Was that a full run?" I could not believe how quick and easy it was for me.

Jun 11, 2004
i heard they're going to be using the shuttles for the next race in an effort to save money by not running the Western lift. :brow:
Very creative "rumor!" :clapping: BUT.....not funny.......at all! :banghead:

I'm with profro on this one:

But I'm always happy with what Brad and crew come up with..........looking forward to the finale!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Very creative "rumor!" :clapping: BUT.....not funny.......at all! :banghead:
i would be dissapointed if i meant for it to be funny, but if you couldn't tell by now, i could care less. it was just an attempt to poke fun at all the first-class speculators we are blessed to have here at Ridemonkey.

thanks for your opinion! :rofl:
it's just too fun :popcorn:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
i would be dissapointed if i meant for it to be funny, but if you couldn't tell by now, i could care less. it was just an attempt to poke fun at all the first-class speculators we are blessed to have here at Ridemonkey.

thanks for your opinion! :rofl:
it's just too fun :popcorn:
demo was joking. If you met him, there isn't even a rude hair on him...and that dude is HAIRY! :rofl:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
True, there certainly seems to be a lot them.........

I have to admit....your post did scare the crap out of me for a split second! :cheers:
haha, good deal man. not sure if we've ever met... do you hang with Andy from FreerideSouth?
i was only joking myself, it's the least i can do to stay amused here. no hard feelings!