Quantcast

Snowshoe race 3, Sept 8&9th

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'll be there. My race run will be one of my ugliest, slowest on record because I can guarantee you that come race time, I will either be exhausted from riding non-stop until blistered for 2 days straight...or my bike will be destroyed with no hope of repair. :thumb:

freerider890

Chimp
Jun 3, 2007
i dont have a downhill so im thinkin im gonna run in that, as well as take advantage of the good deal of lift tickets and the mountain

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
I'll be there. My race run will be one of my ugliest, slowest on record because I can guarantee you that come race time, I will either be exhausted from riding non-stop until blistered for 2 days straight...or my bike will be destroyed with no hope of repair. :thumb:
the downhill course is rediculous. you picked a good one to attend.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
you can ride anything on a 4 inch bike if you're not a hack, but knowing that mountain you can expect at least one long fast pummeling rock garden. its kinda impossible to go from top to bottom without one.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
yeah, they have a ds course but its crap compared to wisp.
We just (last weekend) rebuilt the dual track at Wisp. The corners are the same but almost every jump has been changed. We've added a huge step-down, re-located the step-on, step off, and threw in a six-pack. Theres talk of adding a dirt jump competition to the series final at the end of the month. Hope to see you there.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
We just (last weekend) rebuilt the dual track at Wisp. The corners are the same but almost every jump has been changed. We've added a huge step-down, re-located the step-on, step off, and threw in a six-pack. Theres talk of adding a dirt jump competition to the series final at the end of the month. Hope to see you there.

This has absolutely NOTHING to with the race at Snowshoe...

:spam:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Can I race it on a 4.2" rear treavel ike with 5.5 fork? That is the only bike I have till mid Sep.

Hey Cecil....I pedaled your DH bike around a little earlier this week. That's one sweet ride........Dan is going to have a blast with it.

I rode everything at SS on my Preston and never felt like I needed any more travel---wouldn't have hurt, but it wasn't all that necessary. Run what you brung and smile the whole time.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Hey Cecil....I pedaled your DH bike around a little earlier this week. That's one sweet ride........Dan is going to have a blast with it.

I rode everything at SS on my Preston and never felt like I needed any more travel---wouldn't have hurt, but it wasn't all that necessary. Run what you brung and smile the whole time.
I could always put the new Totem Air on the Trance in 6" mode and rock that........ I may try to come. We will see.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
That'd be an awesome setup to have!

Oops...just remembered that I forgot to call you back the other day. Sorry 'bout that. :cupidarrow:
Do you want to ride with Jeremy and I Sunday? We are open to location. I was thinking of DuPont sense it’s been a while I last rode there. It’s always a nice ride and mixture of climbing and DH. We don’t have to go there though. Let me know.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
:bonk: Thats a great idea Cecil! Especially right before the sweetest snowshoe race eva!
I will be fine on what ever I race on, plus I have a backup DH bike if I want it. If the course is going to be anything like the last 2 (No Rocks) then I will be fine on a 5" bike. I would not win it anyway. I am just there for the fun and to hang out with some cool people that enjoy to ride thier bikes too.

pirate28

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
Maryland
I'll be racing for the first time ever, on ANY kind of mountain bike, next weekend... I'm excited, but also a little nervous. :redface:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Used to, not any more.
Yo Jeff D you headin' up? Think I will be camping this go round
you? Brady goin? hope to see yah there.

Missed race 2 but, was there for race 1 - Is the course the same as
the first or did it change? What parts from the first one is it using if so?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Yo Jeff D you headin' up? Think I will be camping this go round
you? Brady goin? hope to see yah there.

Missed race 2 but, was there for race 1 - Is the course the same as
the first or did it change? What parts from the first one is it using if so?
Yeah, I'll be there. Brady's out - he's got a small hernia and an infection that he's battling. I'm staying with the HGR guys in their condo. PM Chris Kring or John M, there still might be room.

They always change the course every race. Race 2 went down most of the old sport course - didn't touch any of course 1 after the first few hundred yards. I'm assuming (hoping) somebody that's riding there this weekend will post what the course is/what changes have been cut in.