Quantcast

Snowshoe Race I Results

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Awesome run young Fesperman! You, the Shaw Bros, and Trevyn shook the ground as you went past me. It was awesome! (Got a few rocks slung my way too) Can't wait for the Race 2, 3 and GES. We'll be back. More pics coming soon.

Thanks to Matt, Andy, Mike, the rest of the crew, and the volunteers (Rick, Bear, Tom and the others I didn't get a chance to talk to) for a great event!

See you guys at Beech this weekend!

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Ryan? He finished, but I think he told me he was 14 sec off. I talked to Chris during practice..... he had a huge digger, I think in the same place I had my huge digger that put me in the hospital. He said he bent both fork stanchions and snapped one of the links on his leg brace. He said he was happy that he didn't get hurt.

Ethan went down hard there too, but was fine by the afternoon. Everybody either thought about or tried doublinig the drop right at the bottom of the course. Only the young guns (I think) were able to do it. Trevyn even told me he didn't want to try it as it has gotten sketchy, but thought, "I need to go to work on Monday morning" (note, he did it successfully last year, Heither has it on video).

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
I had a great race run and luckily escaped serious injury- lotta folks in slings by the end of the weekend. Only crash was when I tried the rock drop, landed, and the back end lost traction and I fell off during practice on Saturday. My race run felt a bit slower than I'd like at the top but was able to be consistent and a bit faster than my practice runs towards the end, although I still need to work on trusting the bike a bit more on those loose straightaways.

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
Got my new bike last week and decided what the hell road trip so lets go race at snowshoe. I put my bike together in the parking lot and went and registered entered both races and had a blast.
I did finish and i didn't finish last. Thanks for this new addiction.
Crashed a few times no injuries. Now i need one of DJ bikes to hit up more of the GS races and give this dual slalom racing a try too. Or if its legal? can I break out my circa 1980s 24in BMX cruiser for the next GS race at the shoe. I think the gallery would like a little nostalgia.

Hey butch Homeboy said to tell you hello.

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
I see Taylor had a DNF and Herndon a DNS? Bike issues, injuries? Everybody OK I hope.
not everyone made it out this round without damage of some sort. i went down hard towards the bottom of the coarse coming across the slope on the steep off camber and tore my ACL. im hoping i will be able to walk by the end of the week. will be on crutches for a while, then surgery.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
not everyone made it out this round without damage of some sort. i went down hard towards the bottom of the coarse coming across the slope on the steep off camber and tore my ACL. im hoping i will be able to walk by the end of the week. will be on crutches for a while, then surgery.

Were you one of the last guys to come down the course, flat tire?

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
were you in the blue? I saw someone laying in the high grass at the bottom just off the course at the bottom while I was on the lift going back up. Sorry to hear that get well.

OldCrow

Chimp
Apr 29, 2012
East Tn
No I was wearing all black and white and a black/white bike. I was one of the last guys to go down in am class.
I saw someone laying over in the high grass face down looked bad, and passed a few ems guys going back down.
Who is doing your surgery? There are several good sport med knee guys here in Knoxville. if you want a few names let me know.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Yep that would be me. I pinch flatted right in front of you but couldn't get stopped untill the berm at the bottom, by then putting a foot out was a bad thing.
If that was you, I have a photo sequence of putting your foot down. But by your description in the other post, not sure if it was your or not.

Apr 18, 2011
Crossville Tennessee
No it wouldn't have been me cause I didn't put my foot down till the berm at the bottom. I hit the rocks in front of where you were sitting at the time. You may remember me as "every time you see me you get hurt" my number plate was 128 if you find anything of me.

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
No it wouldn't have been me cause I didn't put my foot down till the berm at the bottom. I hit the rocks in front of where you were sitting at the time. You may remember me as "every time you see me you get hurt" my number plate was 128 if you find anything of me.
Ahh, gotcha. LOL! Sorry, I don't know who's who with forum usernames. Healing vibes!