Quantcast

Snowshoe race series No.3

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dude, this is fvcking ridemonkey...why would you think for a second anything here would make sense?

However, thanks for the update! :thumb: I have a few pic's of you with your significant other and Missy Giove...I'll burn them to a CD. :thumb:
EWWWW!! GROSS! Bring it this weekend...I wanna see just out of shock & disgust....:cheers:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Course description...Snowshoe is steep, loamy, muddy, rocky & rooty. It has stream crossings and road gaps and turns & hucks. Honestly, you could run a course down just about any part of that mountain the way the trail crew has been taking care of things these days...and you know you're going to get a good trail.

Gone are the days of flat boggy uphills, turns that blow out in 2 passes & silly piles of sticks with mud glopped ont hem last minute as jumps. Everything is built solid, benched in where needed and constantly maintained. My only compalint will always be taht road gap over a turn.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
stoney, it looks like the main line of storms has passed you guys already. care to share some info about how the track held up over night? is it going to be a total mudfest or just the usual wet spots?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Still trying to figure out whether I am going or not. I have had a few too many weekends of mudbogging for that kind of commute. Let us know how to track is.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
The track will most likely be good, Saturday is just hit and miss showers and about the same for Friday. Sunday will be sunny and on the warm side so it will help things a lot more. But if some of the snowshoe guys could share how the track is right now. That would be most appericated.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
The track will most likely be good, Saturday is just hit and miss showers and about the same for Friday. Sunday will be sunny and on the warm side so it will help things a lot more. But if some of the snowshoe guys could share how the track is right now. That would be most appericated.
If we get no reply I'm gonna call the shop tomorrow. Will post the results.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
did change one section of the track this evening. had to take out lower quickdraw. not because of the trail itslef but, the traverse to get there went through the area operations had just finished excavating to put in new snowmaking line. didn't want to take any chances so we decided to go with the machined section below the hip jump. the start is still new and we have not used the entire middle section this season.

you guys should know i say it all the time it could rain until sunday and this track is not going to break down or bog up. everything is hardpack with reversals. our tracks are not scared of the rain.

hope to see everyone this weekend!!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
did change one section of the track this evening. had to take out lower quickdraw. not because of the trail itslef but, the traverse to get there went through the area operations had just finished excavating to put in new snowmaking line. didn't want to take any chances so we decided to go with the machined section below the hip jump. the start is still new and we have not used the entire middle section this season.

you guys should know i say it all the time it could rain until sunday and this track is not going to break down or bog up. everything is hardpack with reversals. our tracks are not scared of the rain.

hope to see everyone this weekend!!
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm scared of your tracks in the rain...

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Hehe.

So just got off the phone with the shop. The verdict right now is "wet but not sloppy." The weather websites seem to say that SS is under warm and partly sunny skies at the moment, but there's a chance they'll get some more weather tomorrow morning. It's only going to dry out as the weekend proceeds however. It's also been so dry recently that I bet the hardpack sucked most of this stuff right up.

I'm going to call this weekend a go. Practice in the morning is going to be slippery but whatever.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
We're here. The weather is holding out. The track dried out a ton today and then the man above hosed it down lightly this evening. Everyone here is grinning and having some fun. The upper drop is fun and the lower that gaps over the turn has been built up and flies much better.

I can't claim to have jumped it yet b/c we were busy during the only time you could go off it (1-2pm) we were riding Ninja Bob to the new trail (forgot the name). It's had tons of work put into it and is pretty long, fast & swoopy. Lots of big turns!

Everyone is tinkering with setup....me, I just learned how to bleed an Avid brake. Easy...scary. Dialed.:banana: I heard 2 guys pissing and whining about something useless and dismissed them as biotches.

Best part ofthe race is the lady at the lift who is playing Trivial Pursuit with us as we wait to get on the lift. Cole Bangert is here with Herndon & Trevyn. I haven't seen alot of the usual suspects, maybe b/c of the Whiteface race. Sad that we've got 2 great venues running the same weekend to split the field.

Oh...and BKQuill...your bike is dialed.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Here's some of the Elite Men:

1st - Herndon - 4:54
2nd - Cole - 4:57
3rd - Trevyn - 5:00
4th - ???
5th - MotoMike - 5:1?
1st chump with a grin happy to be racing - Butch
FIXED

FYI...anybody see Beckley's fork at the finish. He had an 8" travel fully rigid Boxxer. The SUCK! How does that happen?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Can anybody point me to the official results? I have a couple buddies trying to find their times to compare against other categories. Plus, it's hard to trash talk without 'em...or be humiliated...whichever.

S

seespotendo

they are always posted on the snowshoe website. it usually takes sometime for them to post 'em up.