Quantcast

Snowshoe Race Series Race III and Women's Weekend Camp

Jan 3, 2012
Just a friendly notice that registration is now open for Race III of the 2012 Snowshoe Series as well as the third and final Women’s Weekend DH Camp coming up on September 22-23.

Race III Registration, itinerary, and details can be found here:
Women’s Weekend registration, itinerary, and details can be found here:

Snowshoe Series Race III: The third and final DH race in the 2012 Snowshoe Series will take place on Saturday (Sep 22) with a full awards ceremony for both Race III and the overall Series Winners in the Village on Saturday Evening. Between the Race III winners and the overall series points leaders, we’ll be handing out almost $7,000 in cash and thousands more in prizes including custom 2012 Snowshoe Series Jerseys & Hoodies, trophies, medals, and more!

Women’s Weekend: Angi Weston (Kona USA) from Bellingham, WA is returning to Snowshoe to lead the 3rd Women’s Weekend Camp of 2012! This is a great opportunity for Women of all Skill Levels from beginners to advanced riders to come together and improve their skills in a fun and supportive environment. Women’s Weekend camp includes 2 days of riding, GoPro video analysis, free massages, free yoga, and lots more. Deep discounts are available on bike and equipment rentals, lodging, and meal plans.

Jan 3, 2012
The Western Territory will be open until 6pm on Friday, September 21. The Basin will close at the normal time of 4:30pm.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Lifts... the WT lift runs every day of WT operations and the shuttle bus only comes out for transport during weather holds (electrical storms) when the lift has to shut down. The lift also runs quicker on race weekends (and any busy days) which cuts the lift ride to 10 minutes.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
1/4 of the Dirt Passion crew will be there for race coverage. Not sure if my wife is racing or doing the Women's Camp. She's undecided at the moment.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Anyone know what the race course is going to be? My Fiance is trying to decide if she wants to race or do the womens camp as well.

Jan 3, 2012
The race course this Saturday will be Upper Hareball to lower Pro DH. Depending on the weather, we'll have a course preview video available on Wednesday or Thursday. The women's camp group is still small so it should be a great opportunity for any women to get lots of one on one focus to really take their riding up a few notches.

Cheers...

Last edited:

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I am planning on shooting Friday and Sat. I am actually hoping for a clear day as with the lifts being open late on Friday, afternoon light ROCKS!

Ya'll should know me by now, so don't be afraid to say Hi.

Also, I am planning on riding on Sunday myself, if anyone is able to snap of photo of the photog, I would be indebted.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I don't know what you look like, but I will be riding all three days.

I am no pro photographer, but if you want someone to get a few shots for you I'd be more than happy.

Red Shorts, Leatt brace, on a raw tr450. Will be riding with a guy on a green 951, and my girl on a white big hit.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Unfortunately the Saturday race day and my fork being destroyed are keeping me at home this weekend (although normally I'd go to a Saturday race). Wish I could make the shoe again this summer though.

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
You can't miss me. Shooting I will have a bright POC jersey on and everybody's been calling me a hippy with the length of my hair. 6'4" glasses, facial hair.

I'll look for you guys Fri and Sat. Thanks!

Jay

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Jay, when you get around to it can you see if you got pic of 207 or white Demo, red components, silver Fox helmet. Spent most if the day Sun. Riding the Basin side though. Thanks, Don

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
I don't know what you look like, but I will be riding all three days.

I am no pro photographer, but if you want someone to get a few shots for you I'd be more than happy.

Red Shorts, Leatt brace, on a raw tr450. Will be riding with a guy on a green 951, and my girl on a white big hit.
What's the name of the guy on the green 951? Was he wearing a Mirage TLD Kit?

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Jay, when you get around to it can you see if you got pic of 207 or white Demo, red components, silver Fox helmet. Spent most if the day Sun. Riding the Basin side though. Thanks, Don
Give me some time.

Sunday I didn't shoot, my day to play. Got some riding in myself.