Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No I like racing on Sun

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
This past weekend at snowshoe a few of us were talking about how much we wish Snowshoe would start doing their Downhill race on Saturday. From what I could tell a lot of people would really like to race Saturday - so I thought I would start by asking others what they think.

Any thoughts on how to move forward with snowshoe mgmt on how to make this happen?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Sunday please. I have a 6 hr drive. I can do a snowshoe race without taking vacation with the races on Sunday. If on Saturday I'd have to take vacation. I have been to every race since 2004. I'd hate to start missing races due to Saturday races.

What is your concern? Leaving to late in Sunday?

Last edited:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I don't care either way. If they are on Saturday, make them at the end of the day. Like 3pm start. If Sunday, start practice at 8am and close it at 10am. Start the race by 10:30 so we can be on the road by 2pm.

I would not want the race Saturday morning since that would require practicing on Friday.

I have a 10.5 - 11 hour drive. Most of us from the midwest take off friday anyway since it's such a long drive.

My thought is if they are on Saturday late afternoon is that you could practice the course on Saturday and race somewhat fresh. Then freeride all you want on Sunday without having to worry about blowing up before the race.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
It's a race. Freeride another weekend.

But as Chris suggested speed up practice. You could even shorten elite practice to 30 minutes. All we need is a clean run or two.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
we only go to races that we can freeride at. with only getting to ride once a month or so, you want to ride more than just practice. Not everyone have a 2500 foot shuttle run in their back yard.

Like I said, I don't care either way. We will be there in August.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Yeah, I could live with a shorter sunday practice as well. When I wake up on sunday morning, I pretty much just want to do my race run first thing and then go play around in the park.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I could also live with a shorter practice on Sunday if it means getting on the road earlier. Im only 2.5 hours away so I imagine its pretty rough for people who have significantly further than me to drive.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't care either way. If they are on Saturday, make them at the end of the day. Like 3pm start. If Sunday, start practice at 8am and close it at 10am. Start the race by 10:30 so we can be on the road by 2pm.
Yeah, this sounds like a good idea.