Quantcast

Snowshoe Series in 2006 ??????

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Has anyone heard any more about the supposed Snowshoe Race Series in 2006.

There was a lot of rumors floating aroun at the Mayhem race that Snowshoe Resort would be organizing a 4 race series in 2006.

Anyone have any inside info on this ?

After seeing the NORBA calendar for this year:nuts:, this series(if it happens) could be the premier race series of the season !

Let's all keep our finger's crossed that this will happen !:blah:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
how many more people is Snowshoe going to draw from this 4 race series than they drew from the 2 races they put on the last 5 years........?.......i bet they draw less in total.....

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Cant Climb said:
how many more people is Snowshoe going to draw from this 4 race series than they drew from the 2 races they put on the last 5 years........?.......i bet they draw less in total.....

My feelings on the manner:

If NORBA has less involvement with the race (don't get me wrong. I will still race NORBA events this year), maybe this will give the folks at Snowshoe the incentive to "create a money making series". It has been my impression that when these resorts are hosting NORBA events, they expect for NORBA to do all of the promotion for the event. I may be wrong on this one, but it seems to me that if the resorts were the promoters of the event, there may be more incentive to attract a large number of riders. Of course this can only happen if the management at these resorts want to cultivate a successful cycling (racing) program.

I can only hope that the management at Snowshoe does not have a "bad taste" left in their mouths, with regards to the lack of revenue from the diminishing crowds at the NORBA event over the past few years. I feel that this decreased return on investment is more directly attributed to the racers dissatisfaction with the organization of NORBA events as a whole.

It would be truly sad to see this wonderful racing venue fall to the wayside.:(

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I love Snowshoe but i also loved the National they had there......it was inexpensive and you could get plenty of riding in over the few days of the event. It was nice to race/practice with riders from other parts of the country....

...i will support the new series but i think the attendance will be kind of paltry. I hope not, but that is my guess.......

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Where's T-Pro at?

I'd say Snowshoe will do very well next year, on opening weekend they sold over 300 lift tickets, and the place was pretty packed. I'd say they can only do better, the sport is growing.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
for what it's worth; my old ass will start racing again if the races at snowshoe are NOT norba sanctioned. and i know some of the non-racing locals here at windrock feel the same way. we were all there for their fourth of july weekend and had a blast. but had no desire to go there for the norba national. if there is ever going to be races at windrock again they will NOT be norba races. up until recently i had been a member since 1985. and somebody would be hard pressed to explain to me what good they do for any of us now. bottom line is; they put on their own series and as starved for racing as we are here in the south, they'll have a turn out.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I've already made plans to drop my NORBA schedule (expect Sugar) to focus on a Snowshoe Series next year. Add a couple Diablo races and the west coast wishes they had if half as good. Come Snowshoe give us what we want.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BigMike said:
I want to get revenge on that damn course, but unfortunatly, next year I will be on the Expert Pro Course :eek:

For what its worth, the sport course is way better than the pro course.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
BigMike said:
I want to get revenge on that damn course, but unfortunatly, next year I will be on the Expert Pro Course :eek:
Mike,

After riding the Expert/Pro course at the Mayhem race this year, I'd have to say that I would much rather ride the Expert/Pro course than the Sport course at Snowshoe.

The Pro course seems to have a much better flow to it than the Sport course. Also, the jumps are a whole lot more fun on the Pro course.:blah:

I , unlike you, will be relegated to the Sport course unless the folks at Snowshoe utilize the same format as the Mayhem race. I really prefer a "one course" type of event (ala the Mid Atlantic Championship Series). It gives you the chance to measure your performance against those riders in the class above you. I've always found this to be a helpful feedback tool in determining how well I've prepared for the event.

Hopefully, if the Snowshoe events occur later in the season, I may be riding the Expert course anyway (based on early season results).:sneaky:

Later...........

P.S. Hope the knee is fully healed !!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I might have over heard that they might use the one course format for a series next year. Diablo does that and it works well for them. But no matter what you say, the sport course is a sick, sick trail. It flows really well, has plenty of tech, and the f' up factor is huge for the high speed section down bail and jack. I convinced Lars to make a run down it with me after the Mayhem race and he was blown away. He was talking all poetry about it on the lift afterwards.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
nothing is set in stone, but there will be a series!! not sure yet if it will be a three or four race series, but there will be one!!! it will be the same format as the mayhem race. and you will truely be happy!! with what we're working on!! and to the best of my knowledge they will not be norba. but don't quote me on that one!
later the kliquor!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
profro said:
<snip>the f' up factor is huge for the high speed section down bail and jack. <snip>

Yes, yes it is. I can tell you from first hand experiance.

I'm not saying I didn't like the course, because I did. I didn't like the way it got muddied up, but besides that I ilked the course. I'm just moving up next year because I feel its time