Quantcast

Snowshoe Slalom Course

Robusto

Monkey
I was so disappointed at the last race where I lost to this one guy by literally less than a foot :banghead: . During the race I jumped the first gap on the first set, but then rolled the second because it freaked me out. I was thinking, that by jumping the second gap, I would probably save close to 3 seconds... but I don't really know how to go about doing that. Were the people that were clearing it bunnyhopping it? If I'm right there was absolutely no lip on the second launch, and thats what scared me because I'm not exactly very good at hopping the DH bike...

Any suggestions?

Should I just go balls out and go for it? Or should I just forget about it and not risk a trip to the hospital...

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
the lip for the second gap wasn't big, but it was there. and the jump wasn't nearly as hard as it looked. it just took big balls to do it the first time. after I did it once, it was very easy. I actually over jumped the first gap, and didn't land until I was on the takeoff for the second gap, so I bunnyhopped as soon as I landed, and everything turned out okay

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I really like the step downs....However, I only ride it for enjoyment and would in all likelihood get my ass kicked by an 8 year old who rented a bike for the weekend.....:(

:D

Robusto

Monkey
the lip for the second gap wasn't big, but it was there. and the jump wasn't nearly as hard as it looked. it just took big balls to do it the first time. after I did it once, it was very easy. I actually over jumped the first gap, and didn't land until I was on the takeoff for the second gap, so I bunnyhopped as soon as I landed, and everything turned out okay
Yeah, me and my friend started riding with these two people (Rob and someone else, I only remember the first name because thats my name too... :bonk: ), and one of them went down the slalom course. I couldnt believe how much air he was getting off the little bump of a lip there was for the second gap. Incidentally, he was also getting more air off of the dirtjumps than anybody else I saw that weekend. I kinda figured he could ride the slalom so well because he was obviously very good at djing.