Quantcast

Snowshoe this past weekend.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Holy Sh1t was it awesome. I couldnt make it down to race, but i honestly dont care after the weekend I had down there. Who else went...I was on a silver trek session with a white protec and oakley goggles did i run into any :monkey:s

I couldnt find 1 puddle on the whole mountain and everything was basically dusty. For everyone that has been knocking snowshoe, this weekend would have changed your mind. All of the lines were so much faster than they normally are in the muck, dare I say flowy. Only bad note is that I think i broke my finger on trail "H". Came off a big rock drop with way more speed than ever needed, landed in a rock garden, lost control and did a fister right into a tree. :dead:.

Western Territories was awesome as well...I can remember having much more fun on a bike than i did riding sweet dreams.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
I was there (first time) and it was quite awesome. I was alittle freaked out by the pro course when I went down then I lost my front brake but I got that fixed, dialed a few other things in and when it came time for the race I hit everything and had no falls. I was quite happy with how I performed but still knowing I was slow, I just wanted to get in the top 10 but I ended up in 11th with 5:34 19-29 sport.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brunettes said:
I was there (first time) and it was quite awesome. I was alittle freaked out by the pro course when I went down then I lost my front brake but I got that fixed, dialed a few other things in and when it came time for the race I hit everything and had no falls. I was quite happy with how I performed but still knowing I was slow, I just wanted to get in the top 10 but I ended up in 11th with 5:34 19-29 sport.

nice man :thumb: yeah if you have never been there i guess parts of the pro course can be a bit troublesome, EG the rock drop, log drop, and rock under the lift...there is that one steep mean shoot after the first rock drop too that is ugly. But you got to hit it on an amazing day, snowshoe is rarley like that...I wanted to ride the course sooooooo bad.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
The weather all weekend was just crazy, I thouhgt more people would be there but it is a hike into no where land. Snowshow def. made me progress ALOT in just two days, doing things I thought I would be too chicken about and cleaning them

A room with a view.. :-)

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Yeah one of the guys I went with got on a private owners/renters site and emailed a few and we ended up getting a big place for only $170 and that was split between four people ;-) We're all city boys so camping wasn't an option.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was there on teal yeti and black yeti jersey. The riding was out of this world good. I was usually first and last on the lift both days. I probably did more runs down the ball and jack to sweet dreams than I did on the race course. I probably did too many runs before my race run (6), but I didn't care. I was little blown out for my timed run, but with weather and trail conditions like that I didn't want to go home without just one more run.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yup, I was there, on an orange M3. I can't explain how much fun it was this weekend. I was totally wasted. The race was run flawlessly, they had times posted like 3-5 minutes after each class.

Oh yeah, and I punctured the lowers on my 888. not cool. :dead:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Moto Mike and Profo i think i saw both of you...

Moto did you have a dorado on your yeti?

Yeah i am sitting here at work, and even though my body is killing me, i cant stop thinking about how much fun i had. Made my friend wreck on ball n jack because right when he was luanching into the trail i guess I said "dude lets hit lower ball sack n jack" next thing i know he was all piled up :dead:

Sweetdreams was exactly that "sweet" that steep section out of the tight turns that had the double step down was flyin...:drool:

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
HAHA I am draggin my ass to class, sore everything, and can hardly keep my head up, Had a blast and only crashed twice this weekend YAY and not during my race run WOO :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Moto Mike and Profo i think i saw both of you...

Moto did you have a dorado on your yeti?

Yeah i am sitting here at work, and even though my body is killing me, i cant stop thinking about how much fun i had. Made my friend wreck on ball n jack because right when he was luanching into the trail i guess I said "dude lets hit lower ball sack n jack" next thing i know he was all piled up :dead:

Sweetdreams was exactly that "sweet" that steep section out of the tight turns that had the double step down was flyin...:drool:
Profro had the yeti with the dorado.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I have a Dorado and YES that log step-down is one of the best features on the entire mountain. :drool:

I can't wait for Diablo in two weeks. :blah:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I had a ton of fun. All the haters who whined about the lips on Power...you're the pickiest whiniest FOKKERS ever. The rest of the trail was retardedly fun...I got dizzy there were so many huge whipping berms on that thing...I barely even noticed the jumps. It's a work in progress and phenomenal for a first effort out of the blue on such a steep, rocky slope.

The rest of the weekend was a blur. Much thanks to Doug (Profro) for looking at me after each run and telling me to do more....we rode so much on all those trails.

Best part of the whole weekend, bar none, was our last run down Sweet Dreams getting to follow Lars Tribus the whole way down. He actually doubled into the huge 3 pack of whoops at the bottom of Sweet Dreams...and sucked up the third...and still made the turn? Plus, he made us all misty eyed describing how sweet he thought the sweepers in the ferns were..... :p

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
nope. you shoulda been there. Steve K. was the only trianglian there. pvssy.
Well, at least my fork doesn't have holes in it ;)

Sorry to hear 'bout your 888...That's suXor...Thus, based on that, I guess ya didn't have a chance to pin it on your race run, no?

Couldn't get off of work on Friday, and just didn't want to deal with 13 hours of driving in one weekend (so yes, I am a pu$$y)...However, did manage to slip up to Wintergreen on Saturday, which was hella fun...Once you get your fork sorted out, ya need to get up there...Prolly only 2 to 2.5 hours drive for you...

Anyway, hope Stevo got in a clean run...Sounds like the course was parfait...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I think I'm going to cry............. :( :( :nopity:

I'm glad you all had fun. I got into the season too late for having done anything. I really can't wait till next year....

When does it open in the spring?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This message is gonna be short, because my hands are too blistered to type from all the riding.
I feel sorry for anybody who enjoys riding DH, and was not at Snowshoe this weekend. I honestly did not know the conditions (both weather and course) could be that good there.
I only wish more people were there to take in how sweet of a place Snowshoe really is. Unreal.

Special thanks to Matt Adams and Motomike for helping me to get a working back brake on my bike.

Words of wisdom for the day: Don't try to make the berm after the off camber section at Snowshoe without a rear brake ;)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Jeremy R said:
Words of wisdom for the day: Don't try to make the berm after the off camber section at Snowshoe without a rear brake ;)
That berm ruined my race run! I blew through it like a champ and began a game of "grab the rider" with all of the white course tape.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
motomike said:
That berm ruined my race run! I blew through it like a champ and began a game of "grab the rider" with all of the white course tape.
That berm was so good. :heart: Just about as sick as the one after the log drop.

But it was sick to see Jeremy transfer out it down into the woods during practice.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
motomike said:
Ha, I must have jinxed ya.
Doug saw me jump the damned berm. :dancing:
I think Snowshoe puts kevlar or some shat in their course tape.
I hit that stuff flying and stuck to it like a fly. I never did break it.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
I must have missed the post about this race.

Didn't find out till i called profro- as he was loading up to blast off. I might have quit my job & drove up!....?.//!
It's just killing me working weekends..f*** n A
Lars Tribus--dry conditions --lifts,etc..dam it....dam it !!!!!

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
yeah powerline was really nice this time, those three hits in a row are acualy shaped nicely, and yeah, flowy. the mtX course kicked it! i love that course! those brems where huge!. i saw motomike and profo. i was on the silver 05 gemni 900. i didn't race eather, i just rode all day.
did anyone else see the dude wreak 5 feet from the finish line? or did you smell the brakes burning when the 'Phat man' got down to the bottom?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
spacemanspiff06 said:
did anyone else see the dude wreak 5 feet from the finish line?

hahaha YES, that would be me! how sweet did it look? :p

the right-hand berm after the log drop was SOO much fun to transfer out of into the NEXT left-hand berm then off the drop into the NEXT left-berm, etc., etc. course was SO MUCH FUN!

i felt awesome every one of my practice runs but could have been much happier with my race run than i was. ended up 2nd in Ex 19-29 with a 4:29.23. beat 3rd place by .34 of a second :love:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
AlmostHeaven said:
hahaha YES, that would be me! how sweet did it look? :p

the right-hand berm after the log drop was SOO much fun to transfer out of into the NEXT left-hand berm then off the drop into the NEXT left-berm, etc., etc. course was SO MUCH FUN!

i felt awesome every one of my practice runs but could have been much happier with my race run than i was. ended up 2nd in Ex 19-29 with a 4:29.23. beat 3rd place by .34 of a second :love:
Are you the tall dude who works in the shop and rides the demo?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
spacemanspiff06 said:
yeah powerline was really nice this time, those three hits in a row are acualy shaped nicely, and yeah, flowy. the mtX course kicked it! i love that course! those brems where huge!. i saw motomike and profo. i was on the silver 05 gemni 900. i didn't race eather, i just rode all day.
did anyone else see the dude wreak 5 feet from the finish line? or did you smell the brakes burning when the 'Phat man' got down to the bottom?
did you happen to be taking a break on one of the trails in the bike park and 3 guys came through and hit one of the bridges that split...I was riding through and saw some people on c-dales, stopped for about a second then hit the bridge...

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I hate myself. I need a drivers lisence. :mumble:

"Only bad note is that I think i broke my finger on trail "H". Came off a big rock drop with way more speed than ever needed, landed in a rock garden, lost control and did a fister right into a tree. ."

I did that drop 3 times when I went there this summer, I crashed once. I nose dived alittle and slammed the fork into a rock and threw me over the rock garden into some trees. Atleast these little trees were alot softer than rocks. After those 3 days of riding, I sure was glad I had upper body armour. :heart:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I just did a three-part blog about the Mayhem in the Mountains weekend. Wrote it from the perspective of my non-cycling, but very supportive girlfriend a.k.a. My Fair Maiden. Includes details about our Blair Witch-ish experience Saturday night on a desolate road down the mountain.

Conversations with Mud

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
I just did a three-part blog about the Mayhem in the Mountains weekend. Wrote it from the perspective of my non-cycling, but very supportive girlfriend a.k.a. My Fair Maiden. Includes details about our Blair Witch-ish experience Saturday night on a desolate road down the mountain.

Conversations with Mud
therapy...that tapping was your exhaust cooling down....

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yea I was riding with Lars too. Basically I was following Steve and Sean though and I was in the back. I was pissed off from my race run because I didn't do as good as I would've liked so I hit the Sport course and I just FLEW. It felt so good.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
metalMTB said:
Yea I was riding with Lars too. Basically I was following Steve and Sean though and I was in the back. I was pissed off from my race run because I didn't do as good as I would've liked so I hit the Sport course and I just FLEW. It felt so good.
I did more runs on the sport course last weekend than I did on the pro course. That thing has got some great soul.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
metalMTB said:
yeah...I got the helmet cam view more or less. Guy just flowed like water and was hopping, transfering and manualing the entire trail, site unseen. It was just like being in a bike video strapped to your bike at the same....easily the highlight of the summer.