Quantcast

Snowshoe this week

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Looks like my buddy Derrick and I are heading up to Snowshoe sometime this week for an overnighter. Any monkees gonna be there? Lemme know.

bill

overbybars

Chimp
May 12, 2003
That's gotta be pretty muddy after the hurricane. So how are the trail park network and the DH trails looking now.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Did Snowshoe get hit by Charley? I'm about eight hours southeast of there and we got HAMMERED. I'm just looking forward to getting away from all the smashed trees, houses, cars, blocked roads, flooding, downed powerlines, etc, blah, blah...

Looks like we'll be there Wed. or Thur. I'm on an older Stab w/Jr T. and Derrick has a red Orange 222 w/Boxxer. Just don't cuss too loudly -- I'll get outta your way as fast as I can.

bill

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Snowshoe drains and dries really well. When I was up there two weeks ago they said it had rained wed and thursday, then stopped on friday. Saturday and sunday were perfect.

I will keep an eye out for you and you buddy

Dennis

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
i was there yesterday and it was off the hook. rained all night sunday night and i honestly couldn't beleive how much better the trails are now than they were at the beginning of the season. rain or not go ride and have a kick ass time.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
stoneysnake said:
i was there yesterday and it was off the hook. rained all night sunday night and i honestly couldn't beleive how much better the trails are now than they were at the beginning of the season. rain or not go ride and have a kick ass time.

I agree, I was up 3 weeks ago I think it was, and it rained the whole time both days, we road both days in the rain, both sides of the mountain remained in great shape vs. the beginning of the season.

Everything has began to get well broken in, the freeride trails are pretty much broken in besides I think the new trail "k"......(haven't ridden it yet so I don't know) but the rest of the trails were begining to get packed down with only signs of puddles no real mud bog sections anymore, good stuff!!!

I had some folks wonder in the shop last weekend saying they were gonna head up but they were told it had been raining, I kinda laughed, and said go anyway, it always rains up there. rain or no rain go ride snowshoe!