Quantcast

Snowshoe this week

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
My buddy and I are headed up to snowshoe on monday and are going to camp there that night and ride all day tuesday and possibly wednesday. Just wondering if anyone's gonna be there and also if there are cheap places to camp overnight to avoid getting a hotel room. I'm low on funds and have to use all my dinero for a pass/lift ticket and gas etc..... Any info would help. thanks a bunch and we'll see ya up there!

Pete

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Does anyone know where there are places to camp up there? During Norba nationals I noticed there were people in the lot of the first hotel near the top but not quite. I dont remember the name. Anyway, can we camp there?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Goto the silvercreek lot which is that area you saw everyone camping.. You can goto the slickrock pools and pay like 5 or 6 bucks to use the pool,hot tub, and shower but if your lucky a cute girl will let you in free sometimes. It is totally free in that lot though. If you go into the lot and go to the far side away from the hotel you will see a road and if u drive back there like 20 or 30 feet i noticed there were some camping spots that have no lights shining on them so you might like that.