Quantcast

Snowshoe this weekend

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
It is finally opening weekend :love: How many of you are heading up? I am heading up friday morning and getting a few shuttle runs in the afternoon. They are running the shuttle friday for anyone interested. I will be on a blue Tomac, say hello if you see me.
Good luck to everyone going to the race. See you next time.

Dennis

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I'll be there Friday morning, I think Mattiod[Matt] will be there in the morning also. Our other friends will be there Friday nite and Saturday morning. Just look for all the Virginia Tech apparel.

I might stay till Monday. Should be fun breaking in the new 66rc there.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Well, last season I've gone up and only stayed one night. But I didn't book in advance, me and some friends were gonna camp out but decided not to. It might be different since it is opening weekend.

Paris

Monkey
Aug 24, 2004
The Commonwealth
Mattoid said:
Man, i hope it isnt a mud pit like last years fest. If you like good news dotn check weather.com :dancing:
uhh, isn't snowshoe always a mud fest this time of year (spring)?

the whole mountain has springs running through it...it's best in late summer/fall

US Open anyone?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Dartman said:
I'm out for the weekend. Fvcking job!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
That sucks :( . I was hoping the Richmond gang could get some early runs in together like last year. Hope to see you up there next time.

Dennis

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Dhextremecb said:
what are you guys doing about lodging for those of you who are arriving on Saturday and I guess just staying Saturday night? You can only get rates for 2 nights on the website.......does anyone know anything?

You can always campout for free in the Silver Creek parking lot.

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
Paris,afraid to get your pimp ride a little dirty?30%
chance of showers through weekend,plus extra 10%because it's Snowshoe!
We'll be there Sat. around noon,should be 6 of us.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
ArEm7 said:
How long is the drive from Arlington? 5 hrs?
Closer to 4 hours. It's a nice drive. From the DC metro area driving times to Snowshoe and Mountain Creek are about the same.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
motomike said:
so is anybody gonna be there late morning or noon-ish? I'll be heading up alone and need some people to hook up with to ride.
If you are talking about friday then yes. A couple of us will be there around noon on friday. Going to try and catch a couple of the shuttle runs. I will be on a Tomac and my buddy will be on a Turner.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
I was planning on going there early Friday morning so I can get some runs in before Saturday's crowd. Unfortunately I've come down with some minor food poisoning, so I'll be up there Friday evening so I can rest a bit more. Then try to ride Saturday and Sunday.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Jayridesacove said:
I was planning on going there early Friday morning so I can get some runs in before Saturday's crowd. Unfortunately I've come down with some minor food poisoning, so I'll be up there Friday evening so I can rest a bit more. Then try to ride Saturday and Sunday.
Don't worry, I've ridden there probably 25 times in the past 4 years, and I've never seen more than 30 riders on a non-race day. It's sad, hopefully this year that will change.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Someone that lives near snowshoe: What are the current trail conditions? What do you think the weather will be like this weekend?

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Always expect torrential downpours for the entirety of your trip. That way, when it does rain, you won't be dissappointed.

In the off chance that it's dry, it'll feel like Christmas.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Always pack warm clothes for Snowshoe, even in August. I was up there for trail work last month and it snowed an inch. There were lot's of springs running on the trails so even if it doesn't rain there will be some wet stuff!

Enjoy, wish I was going. :(

Mike

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
why is everyone still here talking about coming up?

tomorrow is SATURDAY! the weather has been BEE-YOO-TIFUL today and yesterday and they are calling for a slight chance of rain tomorrow. rode the freeride trails today before work and the Western Territory yesterday after work and they are both in AWESOME shape. the new trails...well...i can't even begin to describe them. you've gotta experience for yourself! don't be a wuss,riding in the mud is the fun part of riding at Snowshoe!

stop by the MAC and say hey!

.MTBsSd.

Chimp
Jun 14, 2004
Djibouti, Africa
this is gonna sound random, but does anybody know what snowshoes schedule is past memorial day weekend? Are they gonna be open weekdays? WAs planning on making a trip like une 6-10 but they haven't posted a calendar or anything

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
well this weekend was a blast. it was dry both days after about 1pm. Donno who was there, but the VT crew was representing.

-MV