Quantcast

Snowshoe update

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
just saw on the regular snowshoe site that they are opening on fri. the 25th. no mention of if the lifts are running or not

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
T-Pro any up date yet? The 30th is coming up fast and if people are going to buy a season pass now is the time so they can get the free $25 race fee and $20 to use in the shop.

My question is if they lower any of the prices will they lower the Season pass too? Because if they do and don't until after the 30th will we be refunded the difference if we get it before the 30th? I would hate it for those that think their getting a better deal by getting a season pass and then you lower the normal rates and don’t lower the season pass. The deal then doesn’t sound as good and you will have a lot of mad people.

Just a thought. Please update us all as soon as you can.

Thanks

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Getting to SS from the DC area is wierd. I've been at least 3 completely different ways, and one was considerably quicker but i don't remember the actual route. Anybody got the secret directions?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
yeah, you do spend about half the trip on back roads regardless of route. I've done the trip in under 4 hours in winter before though. just cant recall how.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
that about snowshoe that it's mostly back roads to get there. Well Microsoft Streets really wants me me going right past Wisp down 250through MD and WV but when you tweak it and go down I-81 it saves about a half hour and less mileage. Looks like thats the way to go. Now for camping

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
The mountain was more or less completely shut down for all of April and almost all employees were off.

So give these guys a bit more time to get back on their feet.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The mountain was more or less completely shut down for all of April and almost all employees were off.

So give these guys a bit more time to get back on their feet.
We know, we know.....we're just having a bit of fun (reference :D in the above post...).....It's a big operation, and after the winter, they all needed a bit of a break.

However, I believe some of the urgency stems from people attempting to plan their summers...either way, all these issues will be resolved once they get started up....

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
How long does it take to get out a statement regarding the initial changes as stated at the start of this thread 15 pages ago?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm callin shenanigans on the lack of info.

no news, i'm pretty sure means no good news.
lots and lots of folks (who drive hours and hours to ride d.h.)have been talking about this in our parking lot.
(on their way down the hill to by a $80 season pass)

like sirknight6 said, folks are already into the planning stages of where they're gonna ride this year.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
just talked to an employee . They all just got back in town and they'll be issuing some info ASAP.
Lame, I hope this isn't indicative of their series. I guess now I just need to decide on which lube to use.:pirate2:

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Hey Hollywood there is a little plaace about 10 min. from SS. Can't recall the name but I think it's only like $10 and free fire wood and hot showers. Not sure how to get there but considering there is only one road in and out you should be able to find it.

Shaums March

Chimp
May 28, 2007
North America
na just messin those prices seem fine, but are the trails expanding?
I heard that if we rent a bike, take a camp stay at the hotel, and carpool there we get a free beer at the bar when we buy a round for the bar!
Is that right a free beer for just doing that?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Just got back from a fun weekend at the Shoe. Friday, Saturday, and up until 1pm it was dry!!!! The rain started at 1 and lasted about an hour. The trails needed it (My 2 cents). My crew was taking off for home on Sunday so we just packed up when it started. No new stuff at this time but the trails were all in great conditions. They did have a Backhoe working on part of the Pro course, so work has begun. I talked and rode with Traven a little while I was up there and he told me they will have about 5 guys working on new trails very soon. We should see some new things by the first race weekend. After riding most of all the trails I really only think the Power Line trail needs the most work on the existing trails. Fun times!!!!

Thanks Traven for all your hard work to make things happen up there.

Cecil:cheers:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
na just messin those prices seem fine, but are the trails expanding?
I heard that if we rent a bike, take a camp stay at the hotel, and carpool there we get a free beer at the bar when we buy a round for the bar!
Is that right a free beer for just doing that?
You'd get more bang for your buck if you bought the bartender a round. :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Well, it goes downhill, has some rocks, probably some mud, some roots, probably real fast and in all likelihood fun.

:p

:D

I haven't heard a thing as a of yet either.....
True, true but you didn't mention any rain so I already like the course.

Robusto

Monkey
Hey, sorry if I missed this earlier on in the thread, but I just took a look and saw that Snowshoe has some new race categories (I.E Weekend Warrior). I was just wondering what would be the Snowshoe equivalent of the sport class, like Junior Sport? I just don't want to be stuck in a situation where I'm gonna be labeled a sandbagger, ya know?

See you all up there next weekend!

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Hey, sorry if I missed this earlier on in the thread, but I just took a look and saw that Snowshoe has some new race categories (I.E Weekend Warrior). I was just wondering what would be the Snowshoe equivalent of the sport class, like Junior Sport? I just don't want to be stuck in a situation where I'm gonna be labeled a sandbagger, ya know?

See you all up there next weekend!
From the Snowshoe website (www.ride.snowshoemtn.com):

"Category Descriptions

Intro: The Intro category is designed to introduce first year competitors who have very limited or no experience in competitive mountain biking. These competitors shall be purely recreational riders putting in less than 4 hrs per week training.

Weekend Warrior: A Weekend Warrior level competitor is an experienced racer holding average ability. These competitors shall be recreational at heart and have very limited training hrs.

Amateur: (Men only) An Amateur category competitor is a racer looking for a challenge beyond the Weekend Warrior category. Male competitors looking for a high level of recognition and competition shall compete in this category. It is recommended for Amateur competitors to hold at least one year of racing experience.

Elite: The Elite category is designed for those competitors seeking competition on the highest level. An Elite racer is a competitor that has several years of racing experience and has proven his competence through previous events. These racers will receive the highest level of recognition for their respective class, male or female.

*Competitors finishing in the top 3 overall in age categories with 10 or more finishers from the year before must advance to one of the above categories. The only exclusion to this rule is 30-39 & 40+ age classes will not be forced to move from Amateur to Elite. Any non-elite male competitor finishing in the top 10 overall will be required to bump up to the elite category in the following event. Any non-elite female competitor finishing in the top 3 overall will be required to bump up the elite category in the following event."

FatOld&Bald!

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
South Florida
Sorry, late to the thread and didn't take the time to read it all. I just wanted to make a point about supporting those who support your sport!

First, if you love Snowshoe there is no reason you should not buy a season pass. It will give you a reason to go more often.

The mountain has made a major effort to support FR/DH riding for years and years. It is not cheap to operate that mountain and it is open as much the management can justify. It is not a non-profit you know. Last year the racers got a deal while us season pass holders got to support but less supported.

Trevyn and the trail crew (in fact all summer employees of the mountain) deserve as much support as we can lend to give them leverage in the years to come.

On a side note, anything the helps keep Linder from showing up gets my vote!