Quantcast

Snowshoe Village Condo available for Second Snowshoe Race

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Hey Monkeys, I own a condo up at Snowshoe. I had planned on using the condo for the second Snowshoe race, but turns out I have to go to a wedding.

It is available for 7/21-7/23, the price will be $180 for the two nights. Other nights may be available for $90/night, but I'll have to call Snowshoe and check availability.

The condo is in Expedition Station which is in the Village where the old Spruce Lodge was. It's right next to Cheat Mountain Pizza. The condo is hotel room sized and has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. It also has a plasma TV, DVD Player, Wireless Internet access, and a kitchenette. The building has a secure locker room where you can keep your bike. The condo has a view overlooking Skidder slope, which has the DS course, slopestyle and dirt jump park.

TCP21 and SirKnight6 have stayed in the condo before and had no complaints, in fact TCP21 wants to rent it again.

Send me a PM if interested. You can also e-mail me at oldskoolbiker@dalenet.com

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
My wife wants to go back one weekend this summer with out the kid. I will get in touch with you whenever we decide to do it to see if it is avalible.

Dennis

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Right now Corey has dibs on it. He sent me a PM less than a minute after my initial post. He suspossed to let me know tonight. Jonny you will be next if Corey falls through.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
denjen said:
My wife wants to go back one weekend this summer with out the kid. I will get in touch with you whenever we decide to do it to see if it is avalible.

Dennis
I'll have to check with Snowshoe to see if it's available when you want to come, but so far this summer I've been loosing money big time since Snowshoe hasn't made a single reservation of my unit, and I have to pay $1200/month for this place.

oldskoolbiker said:
Right now Corey has dibs on it. He sent me a PM less than a minute after my initial post. He suspossed to let me know tonight. Jonny you will be next if Corey falls through.
That's cool. Just let me know either way.

I looked into buying a rimfire unit several years ago and they (Snowshoe) wanted to charge way too much money for utilites, and monthly assessments. During the first race I stayed at Expedition and it was pretty empty which surprised me for how nice they are, the location, and affordability. You will do much better during ski season. I'll definetly be inquiring about availability in the winter as well.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Really nice place! I would have rented it this weekend with some other Richmond monkeys but we wanted a bigger place to sleep more people! Out of curiousity does Snowshoe decorate the place or do you....really nice modern furniture and fixtures! What would you charge a monkey to rent it in the winter season?

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
VT Mtbkr said:
Really nice place! I would have rented it this weekend with some other Richmond monkeys but we wanted a bigger place to sleep more people! Out of curiousity does Snowshoe decorate the place or do you....really nice modern furniture and fixtures! What would you charge a monkey to rent it in the winter season?
When you purchase the unit all decorations are included. I CAN, if I wish, completely redecorate the unit, but I won't redecorate until the included stuff wears out.

Regarding the winter, I signed up to let Snowshoe rent it out, and my personal usage is restricted in the winter, so for this year at least only Snowshoe will handle the winter rentals.

After the first year I may opt to do everything myself, I currently do this with a vacation property I own in Tennessee and I make more money and can offer better prices, but it's a slight headache advertising and trying to attract guests. Here is a shameless plug for it: (http://www.absolutehigh.com).

I think Snowshoe rents the unit for something like $150-$200 per night during the winter season. You could always specifically request my particular unit from Snowshoe (Expedition Station 320) if you wanted to help me out.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
oldskoolbiker said:
I'll have to check with Snowshoe to see if it's available when you want to come, but so far this summer I've been loosing money big time since Snowshoe hasn't made a single reservation of my unit, and I have to pay $1200/month for this place.
Ive talked to many people that have owned property up there and a lot of them arent happy with the way SS charges you for stuff. Most of the people that Ive talked to say they are extremly lucky to break even every year. Most of the time they end up on the short end of the stick. Have you looked at renting through Old Spruce? That is who we usually rent through.

Dennis

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
denjen said:
Ive talked to many people that have owned property up there and a lot of them arent happy with the way SS charges you for stuff. Most of the people that Ive talked to say they are extremly lucky to break even every year. Most of the time they end up on the short end of the stick. Have you looked at renting through Old Spruce? That is who we usually rent through.

Dennis
I got some materials from them, but we decided to sign with Snowshoe for the first year. Depending on how it goes with Snowshoe, we'll switch companies or do it on our own.

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
I rented through Spruce for this trip and for the same complex and same size place I had $150 difference between them and SS's quote and they offered the 4th night for free. Waaaaayyyy better deal to go with Spruce.

Thanks for the info on the condo. If my BF and I decide to go up there for another weekend of riding I'll definitely be interested in the condo.

RATM

Monkey
Aug 5, 2004
Washington DC area
To; Oldskoolbiker

I tried to send a PM to you but your box is full, are you using your condo the weekend of 08/13. Send me a PM and let me know, I am looking to stay there 08/10,08/11,08/12, and leaving on the 13th. PM me if you get a chance

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
RATM said:
To; Oldskoolbiker

I tried to send a PM to you but your box is full, are you using your condo the weekend of 08/13. Send me a PM and let me know, I am looking to stay there 08/10,08/11,08/12, and leaving on the 13th. PM me if you get a chance
PM Sent, I've cleaned up my Inbox so you can PM now.