Quantcast

Snowshoe, WV opening weekend pics....lots of them.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
This weekend ruled. Probably the most riding I have ever packed into two days. Both sides of the mountain were hottness.

Motomike on mountaincross. The new course is way fun.

This double is big and smooth.

Mike.

Powerline.

I risked it and took the DSLR down both sides in the camelbak. Was it worth the risk? You tell me.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Hot stuff bro. All the new trails were sick on the western side. I got completely layed out on the new "proposed" pro/ex course in one of the insane rock sections, it was pretty cool. :dead:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
DHanamal said:
Hot stuff bro. All the new trails were sick on the western side. I got completely layed out on the new "proposed" pro/ex course in one of the insane rock sections, it was pretty cool. :dead:
Man its straight, I fell a few times this weekend. Nothing big, I hit a tree square with my shoulder in the fastest section of the pro course though. Lots of little slide out falls, but thats to be expected with wet roots and rocks.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
T-Pirate said:
Man its straight, I fell a few times this weekend. Nothing big, I hit a tree square with my shoulder in the fastest section of the pro course though. Lots of little slide out falls, but thats to be expected with wet roots and rocks.
Tell James to flip that visor up ASAP if he wants to be a D2 thug. I guess brad was at home choking on pole as usual? HAHAH jk b-radical.

Hot pics, did you guys slash that new A-Line type trail with all the berms?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
hey t pirate...

I CANT SEE THE F'ing PICS! and i am foaming at the mouth because i didnt get to go this weekend. HELP...cubicle sucks...need snowshoe shots...

ahhhhhhhh

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
hey t pirate...

I CANT SEE THE F'ing PICS! and i am foaming at the mouth because i didnt get to go this weekend. HELP...cubicle sucks...need snowshoe shots...

ahhhhhhhh

Try the thread in the VA forum, or they're on the Dh forum at mtbr too. If not, I'll put some in my gallery this afternoon.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Since i cant see the pics, think it has something to do with works security settings...

for those of you who rode powerline, is it hardtailable? I am going to go down to snowshoe in the next few weekends most likely just riding a hardtail (dont know if i want to invest in a DH bike now)...anyway what did you think of that and the rest of the new trails.

review this sh1t!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Looking good glad to hear you enjoyed the mountain. I'll be moving out in a few hours and hopefully if i get there in time i can throw a few runs in today.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Since i cant see the pics, think it has something to do with works security settings...

for those of you who rode powerline, is it hardtailable? I am going to go down to snowshoe in the next few weekends most likely just riding a hardtail (dont know if i want to invest in a DH bike now)...anyway what did you think of that and the rest of the new trails.

review this sh1t!
For sure, powerline is smooth dirt the whole way. Western was so fun this weekend. Its a lot faster than the other side.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
is there one ticket that will get you on both sides of the mountian? snowshoe's techies are slacking off and havn't posted ****! if there is, how much is it? thanx.
the pics look sic, im going up this sunday, and im stoked!

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
biker3 said:
Tell James to flip that visor up ASAP if he wants to be a D2 thug. I guess brad was at home choking on pole as usual? HAHAH jk b-radical.

Hot pics, did you guys slash that new A-Line type trail with all the berms?
Nah man, I wasn't invited. Sweet pictures looks like fun.

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
Had a great weekend of riding in West Virginia, we hit 3 parks. Kanwha State Forest, Kates Mountain Greenbriar State Forest and Snowshow Mountain.
Here's the pics from Snowshoe:

view from the top

Freeride Park

Freeride Park

Cupp Cake

Power Line:

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Attendance was the best I've ever seen on a non-race weekend in the 4 years I've visited. I believe they sold 175 passes on Saturday alone.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
spacemanspiff06 said:
is there one ticket that will get you on both sides of the mountian? snowshoe's techies are slacking off and havn't posted ****! if there is, how much is it? thanx.
the pics look sic, im going up this sunday, and im stoked!
$20 for the Basin side, that includes Ballhooter lift access.
$35 for the entire mountain with Shuttle bus access for the Western Territory trails.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
The way that I did it was this: $35.00 for the first day, which gets you on both sides of the mountain. Then they cut it to $20.00 for the same pass for the days after that.

The freeride park is probably not very hardtail bike friendly. It is very tight and has jagged rocks and roots everywhere. I mean, you could definitely do it, but it won't be as fun as a DH or freeride bike.

I prefer the Western Territory over everything there. The runs are soooo long and all of the trails are wide open and flow really well. I just prefer to go really fast compared to crawling through trails and hitting drops at slow speeds. The new Sport Course absolutely rocks! There are so many tight berms that you just have to let go and throw yourself into them. Hairball was probably my favorite trail, though. I only rode it once, but it scared the living crap out of me with all of the rock gardens. That trail made me a better rider.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
those are some awesome shots... good job!!!!!
Ive been trying to get down there.. not sure when ..it seems there is always something to do always.. Is there a website for snowshoe?? and if so can u pm it to me?? thanks!!!!