Quantcast

Snowshoeing Purgatory Chasm

splat

Nam I am
Today BadDNA and My self decide to snow shoe in/through Purgatory Chasm .

was a perfect day for it about 34 degrees and no wind.

Some on was here befroe us !

Entering the Chasm

this is Bad DNA's type of place

We got thirsty ( just for you IAB )

it was a dirty Job but some one had to do it !!

We have lift off !

BadDNA is cleared for landing

Thirsty again

and finally , this was steep , probaly when ther is no snow on it we would look at it and say No, but Hey the rocks are covered with Ice and snow , what can go wrong ! so Up we went!

what a fun time that was , great work out too.

what got really strange is what happened next. BadDNA and I were talkinmg in the parking lot , when a Guy in a car , filled with Junk , and We could smell him even though he was still in the car . he parked and just sat there never got out. BAdDNA and I continued to talk , BadDNA Gets in his truck and leaves I go over to my car , cahnge out of my snow wear and boots and get in my car and leave. I'm driving home , and I notice the guy is right behind me in his car. it was weird , I acted like I was going to get on 146 and he pulled over to do the same He even put on his directional ( which I did not ) , and when i went straight so did he. Finally in whitensville center I was in the left turn lane and he was behind me , the light was red so I opened my window and looked right at him. when the light changed he bolted making a right turn from the left turn lane. I continued home ,but found it quite weird!!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Still more snow than we can ride in so we strapped on the snowshoes for some stomping around Purgatory Chasm.

Splat goes up...

can't go any further and comes back down.

Brought some more liquid warmth.

Splat airing it out.

There's a drop at the bottom of that one, whoops.

Some urban snowshoeing?

Watch your step.

Time to go up again...

Almost to the top...

Site of an aborted decent, photographed from the other side of the chasm.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Nice Pics!

I guess I need to find a woman for next year to do my shopping for me so I can go play the weekend before christmas rather than go shopping and wrapping all weekend! :panic: