Quantcast

Snowshoe's "Mayhem in the Mountains" - new pro/ex course

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Wanted to let everyone who is planning to come up for the race know that the new course was finished yesterday. We still have a few minor things to work on, but the entire course will be open and rideable/marked for this weekend (Labor Day).

Some interesting things of note:
-4 drops in the first 1/3 of the course
-high speed and wide open woods section in the middle
-lots of re-routing and re-working of existing trails we used
-off-camber section will remain, but has had a lot of extensive work done to it
-log drop has been re-worked and the entrance and landing areas have been cleared of stumps and other problems
-a big drop underneath the lift after the log drop has been routed into the course
-ends in the same area as the old national course
-sections of the course will be spruced up with manmade jumps and drops for your riding pleasure.

We've put a lot of work in this new course and we think it'll show. I rode the course a total of 3 times yesterday and made countless runs through various sections. All I can say is that this course is much more fun than the national course (read, no flat muddy section that sucks momentum) and has a lot of speed with tons of fun drops and jumps.

Next up, lots of trailwork on the beg/sport course!

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
stoneysnake said:
get the dirt bikes on it and burn it in. sounds cool.
Ah, what a dream come true that would be for me!!! I wish I could ride a moto all over this mountain.

Anyways, the new course has seen extensive trailwork on it......benching, raking, armoring, etc. A dedicated trail crew has been working on it for the last two weeks, which wasn't the case for the national course.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
any pics of riding the course over labor day weekend? I know someone was out there.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
What's going down on the Sport course? I can't wait for this weekend. Now we can only hope that Frances' reminents don't shat upon WV to bad.