Quantcast

Snowshoe's "Mayhem in the Mountains" - new pro/ex course

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Wanted to let everyone who is planning to come up for the race know that the new course was finished yesterday. We still have a few minor things to work on, but the entire course will be open and rideable/marked for this weekend (Labor Day).

Some interesting things of note:
-4 drops in the first 1/3 of the course
-high speed and wide open woods section in the middle
-lots of re-routing and re-working of existing trails we used
-off-camber section will remain, but has had a lot of extensive work done to it
-log drop has been re-worked and the entrance and landing areas have been cleared of stumps and other problems
-a big drop underneath the lift after the log drop has been routed into the course
-ends in the same area as the old national course
-sections of the course will be spruced up with manmade jumps and drops for your riding pleasure.

We've put a lot of work in this new course and we think it'll show. I rode the course a total of 3 times yesterday and made countless runs through various sections. All I can say is that this course is much more fun than the national course (read, no flat muddy section that sucks momentum) and has a lot of speed with tons of fun drops and jumps.

Next up, lots of trailwork on the beg/sport course!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Ah!
Sweet! I'm racing Sport, but I may have to sneak a run in on the expert course. I'm all registered and set to go, will be staying at Allegheny. :thumb: Can't wait to ride the new trails and the wooden berms on H in the bike park, either. What will the Super D consist of, Hulk? Just bombing down the fireroad that leads to the second woods section of the sport course? If you don't mind, could you give me the phone # to the MAC? I need to see how much some Spy Targa goggles are. No time to order them before Mayhem, so i'll just get a pair up there. Thanks man!

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
HRDTLBRO said:
What will the Super D consist of, Hulk? Just bombing down the fireroad that leads to the second woods section of the sport course? If you don't mind, could you give me the phone # to the MAC? I need to see how much some Spy Targa goggles are. No time to order them before Mayhem, so i'll just get a pair up there.
Super D will basically be the same course as was used for the Nationals. Cupp Cake, STP road, Rock Garden, etc. Finish area may be a little different though. Phone number to the MAC is 304-572-5719.