Quantcast

SNOWSHOW conditions

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Wet, muddy, slick, rooty, rocky.

Last weekend was sunny and things dried to a perfect tacky conditions on Sunday. Early Monday morning rain changed all that.

Maxxis Swamp Things seem to be the tire of the year up there.

Mike

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
but the last 3 day at xnowshoe have been dry and hot. i went the weekend after the nats. and there was some dust on the trails. is snowshoe capable of doing this again.

i hope so

dan

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Sir_Crackien said:
but the last 3 day at xnowshoe have been dry and hot. i went the weekend after the nats. and there was some dust on the trails. is snowshoe capable of doing this again.

i hope so

dan
Check here for Snowshoe forecasts. They have been the most accurate. NOAA graphical forecast

The weather channel is reported from Elkins, WV (the nearest city) and is way off.

The Snowshoe website lies to get the golfers up there. The closest they get to reporting rain is "Mostly cloudy".

As far as riding conditions goes up there... wet during or shortly after rain is ok, then 1-2 days after rain it turns to grease to sticky peanut butter which is horrible to ride in. Then it packs down to nice and tacky which is best. When it gets dusty dry, the rocks release from the trail bed and it gets just as slippery as mud except with big rocks rolling around too.

Mike