Quantcast

Snowy Borderland Ride

Vos

Chimp
Apr 23, 2006
Dirtrider, Bo and I made it out to Borderland this morning. Conditions were not ideal, unless you really enjoy riding/walking in snow. We still managed to get a good ride in and a couple snowball fights.

Dirtrider encouraging Bo to make the climb

Dirtrider making the climb

Bo's valiant attempt

Dirtrider did find a small huck, sorry about the cropping on this one

When not riding, there were snowball fights.

The sign provides very little safety

Payback served up cold

This is one of our favorite bridges to ride, but not today. My bike is not leaning up on a tree, I just planted it in the snow

Looking forward to Otis on Sunday!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Very nice. Snow riding can be pretty challenging at times, down right scary at others, and fun as hell in between.

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Bo seemed to love the specialized almost as much as snow down her back, which is to say a lot.

As far as conditions were concerned, I'd say that Bland needs some more foot traffic before it is worth going again. Hopefully, C.P., Bo, Andrew, and Rich can strap some snowshoes on their feet and hit the good trails once or twice and then the trails'll be ready.

I had a great time anyway, it was good to get out and it's always good to stand 3 feet away from Bo while she misses you three times in a row with snowballs. I almost felt guilty as she's such an easy target. Vos didn't get involved this time, but he may not be so lucky next time!!!

Dave

BTW, yikes my legs are white!

Vos

Chimp
Apr 23, 2006
As I said on the ride, the first errant snowball that hits me will determine what side I was on. Neither of you pegged me, so I remained the neutral paparazzi. Though my kids made up for it when I got home. It was kinda funny seeing at least a snowball and a half coming out of Bo's helmet after one firey exchange.

Rich9

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Dave, what do you mean Bo makes an easy target? What are you saying?

......looks like fun. Sorry, don't count on me to trample down the snow. I'll be headin for the Cape. Great shots Vos.

Bo_

Chimp
Dec 31, 2007
.....the "few" times I missed snowballing Dirtboy is from being blinded by his white scarey legs (holy crap they are white as snow!).

Love the Stumpjumper just as much as I love throwing snowball in Dirtboy's face!

Thanks for the demo Kevin from BikeBarn!

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Is that where you were trying to throw them? It was very unclear based on where the snowballs were actually going. I thought you were trying to hit invisible butterflies that seemed to be flying all over the place, but rarely in my direction.

Dave

Bo_

Chimp
Dec 31, 2007
well, yes, I was aiming for those "Underdeveloped" legs of yours........ I got confused with the surrounding sticks in the background..........target was unclear.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
awesome riding pics.. I want snow!!!!!!!!

I love the snow/shorts combo!!!! It looks like you were having way too much fun!!