Quantcast

~~ Snowy Monday GMT ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No GMT yet? Slackers. So is the entire east coast buried in snow right now? We got about eight inches, with another three or four on the way today. My appointment to get my driver's side window fixed has been postponed until tomorrow. :rolleyes:

How was your weekend, monkeys? Skiing was awesome at Mt Snow yesterday. No crowds and pretty good snow. We skied a lot. I hear Saturday was awful though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
food poisoning and driving do not mix.

that was my saturday.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning Monkeys..Snowy day means I get to slack...umm...work from home. Uneventful weekend here, just caught up with some old friends.

Have fun digging out east coasters!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It was a very nice weekend. I helped a friend of mine put some hardwood flooring in his house on Friday. Justine got called in to work third shift when someone didn't show up, so Colin and I hung out for most of Saturday. Went with my father-in-law to check out the Toughman contest that evening. Lots of good fights with plenty of knocked-him-flat-on-his-ass hilarity.

Sunday was spent hanging out around the house watching it rain, and this morning, I awoke to 6in of new snow on the ground. That's March in NC for ya. It's supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend. :crazy:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
We got about 5-8 inches here in Charlotte. People driving like retards. Saw a guy this morning just outside of the coffee shop start sliding on the ice, so he thought turning his car off was the best way to remedy it..... Luckily he was stopped by the curb that sections off the parking spaces. Its so funny, and anyone that lives in the south knows... when there is adverse weather conditions, there is nothing at the grocery stores in the way of bread and milk.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! What is this snow you all speak of ;) Actually, it's snowing outside right now but we aren't supposed to get much this time as the storm was too far south and east to affect us :D Had a fun weekend with the family. Did a little snowmobiling on Saturday, drank quite a bit Saturday night and woke up fine on Sunday (wish sq-Earl and his brother had the same luck). Not much on the docket tonight.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning monkies, we are getting snow not sure when it will stop. IAB you heard correct skiing Saturday did suck. After the rain everything froze. Yesterday, was better but we bailed early to get home.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Great weekend! Even greater weather! Did a fairly aggressive ride on Saturday, Dixie Mine and Bell Pass. Sunday did a kids ride, a friend took his 5 year old son and my daughter went along (10). We got the kids through 15 miles of Reach 11 trails and although tired they really enjoyed it. Came home and walked in the door and the wife was taking chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. The tiredness must have rubbed off because I ate cookies and took a nap.

How about those Suns? Kobe with 49 points and they still kicked the Lakers.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin'. We got a few inches of snow here too, so I have a snow day, it's great. And yes DirtJumper, it's hilarious that people hear "storm" and they go out and buy all the bread and milk they can. WTF is bread and milk going to save you from??

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Just me and one other guy made it into the office today. I've finished with working and I'm waiting till noon to blast out of here.

Found out over the weekend that my tv was not compatible via HDMI cable with my cable box, so we are using component cables. Now the DVR will work like it is suposed to and the box won't crash anymore.

Morning monkeys!

Just me and one other guy made it into the office today. I've finished with working and I'm waiting till noon to blast out of here.

Found out over the weekend that my tv was not compatible via HDMI cable with my cable box, so we are using component cables. Now the DVR will work like it is suposed to and the box won't crash anymore.
how can your brand new TV not be compatible via HDMI? is it the box? then go get a new box!! You cannot get HD programming with component cables :(

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Morning
We have about 2 inches of snow right now but it's still coming down so who knows how much we'll get. I'm just looking forward to taking this baby out of the press!

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Watched it rain all weekend so I decided it would be a good time to put the new bushings and bearings on my Stinky. The main bearings turned out to be a bear, took me about 3 hours to get them to break free and finally press out. The new ones were in the freezer overnight and slid right in. Got it all back together and wow does it feel great. Now if all this snow would go away, I might get a chance to try it out.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You better have smashed the bejeebers out of that couloir SS!

Raining here :(

Turning to mucho snow soon though :)

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning..

And probably one very annoyed little bird.

And broke the rear axle on the fixed gear Saturday. Something felt off when turning into the driveway of my place.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Got about 8 inches of snow here,tip of the iceberg. Supposed to be doing prototype testing tue-fri outside in a quarry before all my assets dissappear next week. This is going to make that a bunch of fun. Luckily part of our test equipment will be a HUMVEE. But more importantly my mcmaster order that makes all of this testing possible is delayed! Wish I was in school.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
is it a older tv? older tv's arent compliant with the HDCP (high def copyright protection), which is maybe why the HDMI doesnt work...either way, IMO component looks better than HDMI

You cannot get HD programming with component cables :(
yes you can. it does everything HDMI can exept for the 8 channels of audio through the same cable

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
is it a older tv? older tv's arent compliant with the HDCP (high def copyright protection), which is maybe why the HDMI doesnt work...either way, IMO component looks better than HDMI

yes you can. it does everything HDMI can exept for the 8 channels of audio through the same cable
Component can certainly look better than HDMI, but that is very dependant on the equipment you are using and the quality of the cable you are using.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Component can certainly look better than HDMI, but that is very dependant on the equipment you are using and the quality of the cable you are using.
G.I. G.O. ....garbage in, garbage out.

i use component for everything. i would use it for my ps3, but my newer tv doesnt accept 1080p via component.

if the box has something wrong with it, than that could be because the box is bad....or like i said it could just be that your tv wont accept HDMI..i have this issue with a few of my tv's

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
The way the cable guy explained it, the box looks for a return signal via the HDMI cable every 6 seconds or so, if it doesn't see the signal, it crashes. It doesn't look for the signal through the component cables. I have had 3 boxes do exactly the same thing. The last guy came and tested the signal I was getting and it was OK.

The box was also crashing when the tv and box were off. Since I got switched to component cables, everything is fine.