Quantcast

So after the session died....

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I picked up this sucker for next year, hopefully itll last a fair while! well, i doubt the forks will, they are knocking more than a cheap joke book.

All sorted and reeeady to race.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Its in line for replacement soon, though its held strong for a fair while apart from the uber dents.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I twisted the back end rather badly at some random IXS track in switzerland, hung up on a massive root and heard this huge CRACK, thought id snapped the rear end clean off, so i stopped, checked it, got back riding, it felt a bit odd, got back to the apartment later on, unscrewed my axle and it went PING, popped out, measures the difference and there was about 10mm between DS and non DS

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hmm...no crash and the frame just snapped? have you contacted trek? sounds like warranty-able situation or at least a crash replacement at cost. even if you don't wanna ride the Session again, it may be worth your while to get the replacement and then sell it.
there is a 3 year warranty on the Session frames

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, i got a warranty frame, sold it, and picked this up for £999 brand new, and the HA is like 65, its probably actually a bit steeper with my forks low, dont really like it that way and will probably get a K9 ARC to bring it down to the 63 range.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
also, trek werent exactly keen on replacing it due to damage caused while riding, id watch out trek owners!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
also, trek werent exactly keen on replacing it due to damage caused while riding, id watch out trek owners!
Wow really? Your the first one I have heard of that had any trouble what soever with warranty on something like that. The couple we have taken care of, we called, took about ten minutes and parts were on the way.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Probably the local distributor, not Trek...
It was Trek UK, they distribute themselves, they werent going to replace it Due to dents in the downtube!, but then suddenly called one day and were like, yeah we will replace the whole thing now, so i was pretty happy, but they didnt seem particularly willing to help!

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
well yeah, i got my new one, then thanks to the joys of the internet, i only got £1000 for a brand new frame with a ti spring and some other stuff...good old internet slagging of bikes.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
well yeah, i got my new one, then thanks to the joys of the internet, i only got £1000 for a brand new frame with a ti spring and some other stuff...good old internet slagging of bikes.
Lol with comments like "watch out trek owners" im not surprized mate.

Last edited:

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
im referring to the consistent "all treks snap", i merely said, if you do damage your frame, Trek UK arent the best people to deal with ever.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
my buddy got two frames directly from trek because of issues with it breaking and the replacement being bent from the factory.
Wow, sounds like it was just trek UK being douchebags.
Wow, yeah it really does sound like the UK dist is being douchy. I have known more than a few people that have contacted Trek directly on the new sessions, and had no problems at all. I sent two back that had dented down tubes myself, and trek had no issues<stateside> whatsoever replacing the whole bike even though it could have been done with just a couple parts.

Feb 5, 2008
B-ham
I'm on my fourth remedy frame and when I was in the shop a couple weeks ago Zach was like "dude, did you see the new scratch? yeah dude sick huh? thats the bike your gonna get when you break your remedy." Trek has been phenomonal with my warranty all three times. Big company? Yep. But they take care of the guys out riding their bikes.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Muttely you dont do yourself any favours man, im sure you said in the revolt thread you were gonna warranty your session because they break and find some mug to buy it off you? Well it sounds like that mug got a nice deal!

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Wow, yeah it really does sound like the UK dist is being douchy. I have known more than a few people that have contacted Trek directly on the new sessions, and had no problems at all. I sent two back that had dented down tubes myself, and trek had no issues<stateside> whatsoever replacing the whole bike even though it could have been done with just a couple parts.
They actually replaced it for denting? thats genuinely awesome! mine went in because of denting as it had 9 dents in the downtube, and they would touch it with a bargepole.

Ryzo....Yoouuu diiidnt seeee nuffin.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm on my fourth remedy frame and when I was in the shop a couple weeks ago Zach was like "dude, did you see the new scratch? yeah dude sick huh? thats the bike your gonna get when you break your remedy." Trek has been phenomonal with my warranty all three times. Big company? Yep. But they take care of the guys out riding their bikes.
duuuuuuuuuude....not to point out the obvious, but warrantied three times for a total of four different frames??!?!??!??!?!?!111oneoneoneoen Trek can keep their great warranty...i'll stick with one frame, thankyavurmuch.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
Originally Posted by Muttely
Right, ive had enough of this, ive officially decided that i MUST have a Revolt.

And here is my new To Do list:

Break my session.(by treks definition, as if its not ragged already)
Waranty it.
Rip some mug off by selling it for like, £1800

Anyway this going a bit off topic. That is a nice sunday you got there man.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
They actually replaced it for denting? thats genuinely awesome! mine went in because of denting as it had 9 dents in the downtube, and they would touch it with a bargepole.

Ryzo....Yoouuu diiidnt seeee nuffin.....
Not exactly, was a send in for repair. The chainstay broke, and it had dents in the down tube.... Customer was b itching about how weak the tubing was..... Trek decided just to replace the whole frame. Trek really is usually really cool about there warranties, Hell we even had a customer that used to put her trek 5000 in the trunk of her car, one day she hit a dip really hard and teh trunk lid came down and crushed the seat and chainstay on the drive side..... Trek still gave her a frame, even when they truly did not have any repsonsibility to.