Quantcast

So, anyone lost their luggage?

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
Ok, so I went out to Oakland to work with a cycling trainer -- I am the girl who broke her femur real bad at Pkill in 2004. I arrived today. Were my bags there? No way! (United Airlines by the way)They said that I had to come back later and pick them up -- after an argument, I said fine... sure. But then I realized that I would not be able to get a ride back later from the girl I am staying with and a cab fair would probably be sixty dolllars round trip. So... I get them to deliver the bags.
Well, so it does not end there... I called to confirm that they would be delivering the bags on Sunday morning. No such luck... one had arrived in San Francisco and one was in Oakland.
Before they screwed up anything else, I said to keep the bags were they were and I would retrieve them tommorrow.
Well, all for now.... I will post later tommorrow to finish up the story.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I used to travel quite a bit and American Airlines in THE WORST for losing baggage.

Usually I got it back in a couple days but I still have a couple bags missing in Sicily/Spain/Dublin that AA lost in 1987.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
My bags have been lost 3 times by United. They've always delivered them. One delivery guy acted like he expected a tip.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I travel a lot for business and have had plenty of bags lost, usually they get them to me the next day.

Got to Madrid once and bags were lost. I had to hit a different city every day and the bags tried to follow me. It took them 4 tries in 4 different cities before they got them to me.

Nothing worse than flying for 24 hours and having to go to the only department store in town that is open to buy some clothes.

Anyone know what size underwear they wear in metric? Ugh.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I had my luggage lost in San Diego a few years back when I was at the Super Bowl. I had to go to the mall and buy new stuff to go out in that night. By 9 am the next morning Southwest dropped off my luggage at my hotel. It was a pain in the ass and I was pissed off:angry:

splat

Nam I am
American Lost My luggaege once when I was flying home. They said they would deliver it to my House the next day. I was not ther ewhen they dropped it off , and when I got home they had dropped off some body elses luggage at My front door. 3 days later finally got my Bags back. I try to carry nothing but carry on when I travel unless I can't avoid having to check bags.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
My luggage got lost in customs by american once. They got it back to me a week and a half later. They had to replace my bag, too, because it was all riped up.

Southwest sent my to the wrong place. That was more because I had a weird flight schedule in one day, long story. But after me yelling at them, the delivery person turned around to go pick up my bag and bring it to me first. I was in boston and my flights were out of providence. Other than that they've been great.

United has never lost my stuff, even with flying to europe, and I was extremely paranoid about that trip.

I HATE loosing luggage. erg. I just can't seem to fit all my crap into a carry on bag.

Sorry about the crappy experience!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I've ever only flown twice... once to Colorado on United, and they lost my luggage. Had it to me the next morning though.

The other time I flew was on Aer Lingus, and had no problems.

I figure that since I have now been bitten by the travel bug I will have many horror stories in the years to come.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
My bags were lost in the Great US Airways luggage debacle of Christmas 2004 when their entire NE operations ground to a halt between Christmas and New Years. Some of you may recall all the news outlets showing the mountains of misrouted US Airways luggage piling up in places like Philly during that time. Three days went by before my luggage found its way from LA back to DC. It was on my return leg so it wasn't such a big deal.

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
I went to the airport again this morning and picked up my big bag -- bike shoes, etc.
I am still waiting for the other bag -- first it was to be delivered at 8, then 12 and now hopefully before 4, luckily the girl I am staying with is going to wait for them, so I can go meet the trainer today.
AHHH.... I keep thinking -- what if I had brought my bikes on the flight with me...
By the way, anyone have any good ride recommendations while I am here in Oakland/Bay Area?
Thanks.