Quantcast

So apparently I'm a cradle robber...

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
...or at least so I was told. Apparently (according to my friends extremely knowledgeable girlfriend) something is wrong with me for messing around with a girl who is only 21 when I am 27.

I am not aware of the social limitations when it comes to age, so let me add these facts:

21 year old has a child, some fancy finance job, and a mortgage.

27 year old rides bikes down the side of ski mountains for fun.

So, who is the adult in this scenario anyway?

Uhm, not sure why I posted any of this...I figured you guys would have something funny to say.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
tell her that you both are consenting, responsible(maybe?) adults so it is none of her business and then tell your friend that he needs to keep his pimp hand strong.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Younger chicks bug me.

My brother-in-law dated a 24 year old Playmate when he was 36. He was my hero for about 6 months until she turned out to be as psycho as she was hot.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
tell her it is none of her business and then tell your friend that he needs to keep his pimp hand strong.
My thoughts exactly.

I'd snag me a 21yo if she didn't annoy the crap out of me.
What am I saying? It doesn't matter. My GF is 31 and annoys the crap out of me.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
...or at least so I was told. Apparently (according to my friends extremely knowledgeable girlfriend) something is wrong with me for messing around with a girl who is only 21 when I am 27.

I am not aware of the social limitations when it comes to age, so let me add these facts:

21 year old has a child, some fancy finance job, and a mortgage.

27 year old rides bikes down the side of ski mountains for fun.

So, who is the adult in this scenario anyway?

Uhm, not sure why I posted any of this...I figured you guys would have something funny to say.
I Just keep them on the positive side of 21 and don't care what anyone thinks.:pirate2:

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
If she's got a kid, you know she'll put out?
this has been my expirence to. i think you situation is not at all cradle robbing . now post some pics of her so we can judge if it's worth it or not . maybe a pic of her in a teddy or something would be nice.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
not an issue of age, but one of maturity and "phase of their life" type of thing. if she were going into her senior year of college living off of mommy and daddy's credit cards, that'd be a bit weird. but if you're both (kinda) responsible adults, who cares?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
just be thankful you didn't get a custom title out of mentioning it here ;)

Me 31, her 22 = good times

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
not an issue of age, but one of maturity and "phase of their life" type of thing. if she were going into her senior year of college living off of mommy and daddy's credit cards, that'd be a bit weird. but if you're both (kinda) responsible adults, who cares?
I don't see how your comments apply to 'dating'? If he is looking for a seriously, possibly lifelong, relationship, then yeah, you give great advice.

But once a person's 18 in the US, does it matter if the other person's 80yo?

Conversely, there are a few monkeys here (RideRMB?) who are 14yo. He seems incredibly mature and intelligent. Would it be okay for him to date a 22 yo?

(please don't think I'm attacking you, just discussing)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Grandpa always said, If there is grass on the feild, Play ball!!! No Im just kidding, your both 18, so who gives a rip, so there is an age difference, are you happy? If yes then who cares!!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hell I was living with a 23 year old elementary school teacher when I was 40....good times

my opinion[for consenting adults]
if you both enjoy each others company, everyone else can to take a flying leap if they don't like it..

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Grandpa always said, If there is grass on the feild, Play ball!!! No Im just kidding, your both 18, so who gives a rip, so there is an age difference, are you happy? If yes then who cares!!!
...and if there's no grass, go around back and play in the mud.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Ah, I don't think my e-sarcasm was strong enough with my initial post. I was really more going in the 'my friends gf is a stupid bitch' direction than anything.

In fact, I guess nobody filled her in that the last girl my friend dated seriously was somewhere in the 17 range (he was 23 at the time) :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
After I became divorced at 27 the first woman I hooked up with was 18.

I know.

Years later I saw her on a TV reality show.

No, I won't say which one.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
How It's Made or Some Assembly Required?
spreadRep+

Someone give him rep please as that was brilliant.

And cuz I loves Futurama...

Speaking of which... has anyone seen the new Terminator TV show? If so, aren't they like the live action version of Leela, Fry, and Bender?