Quantcast

So. Cal. DH Races

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
As I understand it, the only real DH races in So.Cal. are in Fontana (if I'm wrong, please provide links)

My buddy (who is 45 years old) is getting fast. He smokes me on every ride without breaking a sweat. I've been encouraging him to enter a race just for fun (hell if he does, I may too). Are there "beginner" classes for a 45 y.o. and a 34 y.o. in the So. Cal DH racing scene?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Hey John - if you race I'll race too... as long as I 'm around that weekend.
One fundamental flaw with that....I don't like getting my a$$ kicked up and down the block by a friend (let alone on a hardtail and clipped in) :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm in a "transitional phase" of getting the DHR together so it may have to wait a few weeks (plus in too much longer, I won't want to be too far from the wife....she's getting pretty far along)

Still, it might be a good time to have friends together for a race and fun. I'll email once I get everything together. Actually, do you still have my cell number? I work in a "different" ghetto now.....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
One fundamental flaw with that....I don't like getting my a$$ kicked up and down the block by a friend (let alone on a hardtail and clipped in) :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm in a "transitional phase" of getting the DHR together so it may have to wait a few weeks (plus in too much longer, I won't want to be too far from the wife....she's getting pretty far along)

Still, it might be a good time to have friends together for a race and fun. I'll email once I get everything together. Actually, do you still have my cell number? I work in a "different" ghetto now.....
I'll email ya later on today...

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I been thinking about hitting a race myself, lol. Don't make much $ shooting, might as well race.

You might want to run the Versus, the guys on the podium often run trailbikes instead of heavy/slow DH bikes. Lots of flat pedaling (where races are won and lost) at Fontana, I've been leaning toward taking the FXR.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I been thinking about hitting a race myself, lol. Don't make much $ shooting, might as well race.

You might want to run the Versus, the guys on the podium often run trailbikes instead of heavy/slow DH bikes. Lots of flat pedaling (where races are won and lost) at Fontana, I've been leaning toward taking the FXR.
Need to sell the Versus to pay for the dhr :plthumbsdown:

Maybe we should all get together a fun weekend/party out of it?:lighten: