Quantcast

So can I just walk into Fox and get my fork rebuilt?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I know where they are (doesn't that sound creepy) in Watsonville, and the fork is chrome on the stanchions from some crazy friction. Since I live in Spain, and will be in the US for three weeks, it seems like the easiest thing to do to get a factory warranty or whatever would be to just walk in with a big smile and the fork, maybe even bring some brownies or something, and politely encourage them to fix it. Can I do this? I am the original owner and even have the receipt from when I bought it. (Shop EP)

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
bikenweed said:
I know where they are (doesn't that sound creepy) in Watsonville, and the fork is chrome on the stanchions from some crazy friction. Since I live in Spain, and will be in the US for three weeks, it seems like the easiest thing to do to get a factory warranty or whatever would be to just walk in with a big smile and the fork, maybe even bring some brownies or something, and politely encourage them to fix it. Can I do this? I am the original owner and even have the receipt from when I bought it. (Shop EP)
They will never tell you this is ok to do...but if you are cool about it, it might happen.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
tehy might be nice considering your limited time frame in the US. The best thing to do in my opinion would be to call them and see if they can put in a work order before you come over, and then you can drop it off and pick it up like a week later. That way they have notice that its coming, and they can reserve your place in the virtual que of forks that need to be repaired.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sweet, good idea Dirty. I'll call them on Thursday night, and I have an extra pile of Marzocchi (but without any way of mounting front brakes) forks and some oil to tide me over for a week. Who knows, it might even be a fork and a shock, that is if a 7.875 i2i, 2" stroke fits on a 2005 Enduro SX, slalom model. Fox has THE best customer service at the races, and hopefully will at their head quarters as well!

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
I had my Fox serviced recently at "Another Bike Shop" in Santa Cruz. They mentioned that if I needed something replaced, they would just send the fork in to Fox, for the reasons mentioned here. anyway, I'm thinking that if the Fox Factory doesn't want to deal directly with an end user, I'll bet you could get the fork to them through a local shop.