Quantcast

So, exactly how reliable is PricePoint?

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
I know it's used by ridemonkey for the monthly giveaways, but im just curious. I think i might want to get some brakes off them, but I have to admit I've never really trusted online sellers..

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I order from them quite a bit. Always get everything quickly. I have on two occasions received OEM items instead of boxed retail goods (when it was not noted in the description), but who cares?

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
well, if I did get the brakes, i would still end up saving 30 bucks off the MSRP price.. Do they ship and sell year round? ( like thru the winter)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Usually they're the cheapest online mailorder shop out there...always ship fast, never a problem. A lot of their stuff IS OEM/older stuff...if it sounds too good to be true and you're hoping for 07 stuff/retail, it probably is.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Used them a bunch, from Washington (state) to Germany to my present location in California. No problems at all, unlike Beyond Bikes...shuddderrrr...

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Exactly what is it about online retailers that you do not trust? Pricepoint is an established shop that has been around for years so it's not exactly going to be a fly-by-night scam.
I just don't like the fact that they have the ability to scam. I'm not saying PricePoint does scam, but it is new to me. Like a dog or cat moving into a new house, they are hesitant.:biggrin:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
never had a problem with them.. they always stand behind their product too.. prices are very good and once in a while you get some great sales

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just don't like the fact that they have the ability to scam. I'm not saying PricePoint does scam, but it is new to me. Like a dog or cat moving into a new house, they are hesitant.:biggrin:
Online shopping is safer than retail shopping and phone ordering.

I've ordered from Price Point quite a bit and have always had good service.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I don't mind PP. I'm not a big fan of OEM stuff, unless I know that's what I'm ordering and the price clearly reflects it. I had a problem with a heart rate monitor from PP and they were nice enough to pay return shipping etc. I won't buy Sette products, but the rest of their stuff is fine and their shipping is much faster than Nashbars!