Quantcast

So Fat Tire:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah I think the fat tire is a little sweet but I don't notice after the first couple pints.:)

New Belgium makes some other beers that are really tasty, it's just that the Fat Tire gets more publicity among the bike crowd. I really like Loft, 1554, and the Abbey Ale. I've met a couple of New Belgium guys, they are serious about belgian style ales and good people.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I work in the beer industry, and I have worked with the folks over at NB brewing (Fat Tire) a couple of times, I have to say, they are really laid back, and easy going. Most people in this business are really cut-throat. The attitude with the guys from Fat Tire is really re-freshing. They are worth supporting for that reason alone.

For those of you who have not tried it, their Sunshine Wheat is a really good beer, I reccommend drinking it with a slice of organic orange.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
<snip>
New Belgium makes some other beers that are really tasty, it's just that the Fat Tire gets more publicity among the bike crowd. I really like Loft, 1554, and the Abbey Ale. I've met a couple of New Belgium guys, they are serious about belgian style ales and good people.
I like their 1554 black ale.

Fat Tire is still tasteless, though. :p

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
scurban said:
I work in the beer industry, and I have worked with the folks over at NB brewing (Fat Tire) a couple of times, I have to say, they are really laid back, and easy going. Most people in this business are really cut-throat. The attitude with the guys from Fat Tire is really re-freshing. They are worth supporting for that reason alone.

For those of you who have not tried it, their Sunshine Wheat is a really good beer, I reccommend drinking it with a slice of organic orange.
beer & fruit should be kept separate.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I usually would be agreeing to the "fruit and beer should be kept seperate"

However, Its what the good people at NB Brewing reccommend. I must admit, its pretty good.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
Supposedly the first beer of the evening sets your palate.

If it's a good beer, you can drink crap all night and it won't taste that bad. If it's bad, NOTHING will salvage it.
you think that works?

good luck.

try that theory w/ some food. order a nice app at a restaurant, go home and dig into some frozen Swanson dinner.

SpaZwEll

Monkey
Sep 18, 2002
Emerald VIP
narlus said:
check these out:

music courtesy of Devendra Banhart.
Checked Devendra's disc out, pretty good. And when I am west of the Missisippi, I always pick up some Fat Tire and various New Belgium treats.

:thumb: