Quantcast

so guys, what would you do

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
as i said before i was hit by a car, finally getting my bike fixed this thurs seeing that i will be able to ride real soon. Now im looking at a new frame and fork for my bike. Pretty much making it custom. I got about 1k to spend in total, i can do more if its worth it, but im not to sure on what to get. I have a couple of frames im considering, banshee amp and transition bank/trail or park, as for fork i have no clue.I currently ride a norco havoc 09 (original 09) with a dj3 fork. Should i stick with the fork and get a more expensive frame or get both for around 1k, really id end up waiting till may for a new fork then, don't need one, just wanting to upgrade. So guys, what do you think?

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
definitely get a 20mm fork and a frame for $1k. shouldnt be too tough to find a nice combo. argyle/riot or something along those lines.

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
the tonic fab howie looks real nice, bends my budget on a frame so if i do end up getting that i would be looking at a fork later on in the new year. I just can't seem to find out where i can buy it, could you guys post a link if thats not to much trouble?

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
So the howies a bit to high priced from what my dad said, unless i can pull off honors for school, so right now im looking at the transition bank or trail or park. But im wondering which one, the bank is alloy and the trail or park is cromo. What the difference? srry for the question, really don't know. All i see is a difference in weight.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Steel typically holds up better. Some say it absorbs shock, and feels better, but I'm not sure it makes much of a difference, especially if you're going to run suspension.
Take a look at the NS Suburban too, for a cheaper steel bike with nice geometry for street/dirt jumps. The Trail or Park is pretty similar in specs and price, I think.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I'm selling my Black TOP with a FOX 36Float lowered to 90mm. All Deity components, Cranks, Bars, pedals, stem, seat. and Transition wheels for 750$
Super good condition. It's got the 831 on it in this pic. Comes with a black 36

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Dude, thats a killer deal! Crap, wish I woulda seen that when I was buying a bike a few months ago.

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
i was looking at sizing for the bike and saw that a medium is recommended for people 5.6-5.10, im 6 foot so i dont want to buy a frame thats small for me while im still growing, how tall are you? if you dont mind answering that, this is my only real concern right now.