Quantcast

So how appalling is this?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
A guy I work with recently went to Europe on vacation with his wife and 10 month old son. My co-worker is like 45....

He had never flown with his kid before, so I was messing with his head telling him of the horrors of flying with a baby. I also told him about people we saw when we were flying to (or from) Seattle, pouring cough syrup down their kid's throat.....to keep him....um...docile.

He seem altogether too intrigued.

Well it turns out that he did in fact "medicate" his poor kid. Benadryl on the way there (which had the OPPOSITE effect), and then Tylenol on the way back...which apparently worked much better.

Jesus... It's like he's afraid of his kid! We do just fine with a portable DVD player and some toys.

I gotta say I'm pretty disgusted with him.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
MMike said:
A guy I work with recently went to Europe on vacation with his wife and 10 month old son. My co-worker is like 45....

He had never flown with his kid before, so I was messing with his head telling him of the horrors of flying with a baby. I also told him about people we saw when we were flying to (or from) Seattle, pouring cough syrup down their kid's throat.....to keep him....um...docile.

He seem altogether too intrigued.

Well it turns out that he did in fact "medicate" his poor kid. Benadryl on the way there (which had the OPPOSITE effect), and then Tylenol on the way back...which apparently worked much better.

Jesus... It's like he's afraid of his kid! We do just fine with a portable DVD player and some toys.

I gotta say I'm pretty disgusted with him.
You mean you're not afraid of your kids?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I plan on jumping out from underneath my children's bed in the middle of the night, destroying their stuffed animals and killing their pets. Of course all while wearing a MMike mask to help instill the hate at an early age. Their days will be spent learning torture techniques and general ninja skills.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Westy said:
I plan on jumping out from underneath my children's bed in the middle of the night, destroying their stuffed animals and killing their pets. Of course all while wearing a MMike mask to help instill the hate at an early age. Their days will be spent learning torture techniques and general ninja skills.
And if it takes drugs to really get it to sink in, then so be it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
only moderately appalling. everyone that wants to have kids should be required to take a test a get a license, much like a drivers license. And then you could get a PUI - Parenting Under the Influence :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Children shouldn't be allowed on planes anyway...well...mine at least..

Screaming Baby Airlines I tells ya...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Those parents are obviously idiots. Everyone knows the first rule of travelling with kids is "medicate thyself first".

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMike said:
don't fly Alitalia then...they don't allow DVD players, gameboys or similar devices. see how well a handful of toys will keep yr kid occupied for 8 hours.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I just drop a suitcase on my kids foot during check-in, therefore justifying the administration of tylenol to ease the pain. Only a bad parent would let a kid suffer on a long flight.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
:nonono:

When will parents learn that you use whiskey to knock a baby/kid out. Not cough syrup.