Quantcast

So.. how do i ask the GF nicely to dress up better....

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
if u think you dress better than your g/f...break up with her. how does a metrosexual date someone not fashionable?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Lefty said:
I've heared that when you go out shopping with your girlfriend, and you will comment other girls who are better dressed then her. Classy or more actractive.. that she will look up to them and, wil think be her self, sheezz i am slob. Better dress up next time will she like me in the future. I think her eyes will open and she will do you a pleasure with dressing up better.

But don.t pin me down on it.

wtf?

are you drunk?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Lefty said:
No i heared it somewhere, mabey its works only in europe.

I really can't tell ya. It seems a little bit weird if you ask me.

"Better dress up next time will she like me in the future"

what does that even mean?

The Nature of the Huckster, PattiAnn Rogers

Put on his garment of rain,
came swaying in silver across
the garden, his fragrance
of clarity preceding him. Put on
his garment of theft, stole
the seeds of the pecan, the eggs
of the horseshoe crab, roe
of cod, roe of mackerel, stole
the children's gold and purple
marbles, stole breath, stole fever.
Filled his pockets with blood.
Filled his pockets with charity.
Emptied his pockets of confetti-
feathers and bones. Emptied

his pockets of beetle menageries.
Over his garment of snow, donned
his garment of sun. Over his
many-colored coat of deception,
put on his many-colored robe
of verisimilitude. Under his attire
of aridity, wore his thunder cloak
of deluge. Put on his robe
of celibacy. Put on his jewelry
of prostitution. Traded his
garment of frivolity. Bartered
his overcoat of constancy. Shucked
his shawl of grief. Threw off
his hood of sanity. Under his silk

cape of surrender, clothed himself
in his steel vestment of siege.
Put on his garment of disdain. Covered
himself in his rags of spring. Wrapped
himself in his blankets of faith.
Discarded his garment of life. Donned
his garment of death. Put on his
garment of matter. Took off
his garment of light. Discarded
his garment of decay. Put on
his garment of lies. Paraded
back and forth, plain and invisible
in his ruse of apparel, hawking,
all the while, himself. Take him.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
johnbryanpeters said:
My hostility is towards the culture of poseurs, the assemblages of plastic exteriors that obscure, and eventually suffocate, the being within. I'm also hostile to the idea of mate as showpiece. Endeavoring to impress others by ostentatious display kills the soul.
You crotchety old hippy. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BigHit-Maniac said:
Honestly, this sounds a lot like my girlfriend sometimes. She has an absolutely GORGEOUS body, but always hides it under mounds of clothes. I keep telling her she needs to wear something to show off her hot-stuff. She's 5' 5" 105 lbs, blonde, tanned, and toned. Hot hot hot. She's always wearing like 3 shirts, a hoody, and baggier jeans.
<snip>
Wow. A hot woman with some modesty. *There's* a terrible thing....... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
binary visions said:
Your only real option for this New Years is to buy her an outfit and give it to her, telling her right up front that you bought her something for the New Year party.

Frankly, if you can't get over her choice in clothes, you most likely should be dating someone else. Quit worrying about what your girlfriend is wearing and worry about what she's talking about, whether you two are having a good time, etc.

If she's open to change, you could gently try and modify her wardrobe by buying her or picking out clothes that you like. Go to the store with her. It might help if you scoped it out ahead of time so you aren't poking through the women's racks like you're looking for something for her, and when you walk buy a rack, grab something like it just caught your eye: "Damn, you'd look so good in this!"

Gauge her reaction and if she takes the bait, keep going with it. But if she hasn't asked for help or complained that she doesn't know how to dress, don't be suprised if she tells you it's not her style. If she does that, you could try once or twice more, but give it up in the long run.

UPDATE.
i tried to buy something for her. we met on the 29th i wanted to get some sizing data.
but she surprised me with a gift. a toy car which i love.
of course i felt like shallow crap, she had gone shopping earlier to get something for the 31st and for me. she got herself an black skirt with flowers and a dark sleeveless shirt. it matched nicely. :blah:

i didnt say a thing and she ended up going like she wanted to go. i had a blast.

the clothing thing has bothered me since i met her. but its a nuissance, its not a break-deal issue really. she is a pretty girl, and IMO is a waste she dresses like a punk. thats it. no big deal here.