Quantcast

So, how do you multi-task?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have it on good authority (Sq-Earl & my sisters) that I brought multi-tasking to an all new level tonight. I didn't have enough time to get out on the road or trail for a ride after my lessons and workout (and before dinner and before I had to feed my little monster), so I decided to hit the weights and spin on the stationary bike instead. I managed to get 3 sets of my arms and legs done and headed upstairs to start dinner. After getting all my veggies chopped and simmering in the pan with my chicken and orzo, I headed back to the basement for 15 minutes of spinning. Just as I got started on the rollers, my little monster was hungry, so I ditched the rollers, sat on the stationary bike and nursed her for 15 minutes, while dinner was cooking and while spinning :thumb:

So, am I the only one that multi-tasks like this?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
TreeSaw said:
So, am I the only one that multi-tasks like this?
oh sure, throw the mother-card in there so no guy could compete.

To compete with BS...

I sometimes surf the web and masturbate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seeing what you guys have done to Treesaw's thread disgusts, abhors, repulses, disappoints, frustrates, shames, angers and irritates me. How is that for multitasking?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I scratch my ass with one hand while picking my nose with the other. Just don't switch hands, I made that mistake once. (ok, twice).

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i dont multitask. multitasking=working too damn hard and completing tasks with a sub-par outcome.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
WTF is multitask? People with ADD don't multitask, we manytask; not a lot gets done but we do a hell of a lot.
edit: I should be reading now...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
As a parent, my life is multitasking. Making dinner while cleaning up toys while emptying/repacking diaper bag while looking at school work while listening to sportscenter... that's a typical evening for me. Though I can't say I've ever had a kid latched on while spinning... Thumbs up for that one tree! :thumb:

I actually multitask less at work than I do at home.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I am pretty good at veging, slacking and procrastinating at the same time. But only when I am feeling motivated.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
As a parent, my life is multitasking. Making dinner while cleaning up toys while emptying/repacking diaper bag while looking at school work while listening to sportscenter... that's a typical evening for me. Though I can't say I've ever had a kid latched on while spinning... Thumbs up for that one tree! :thumb:

I actually multitask less at work than I do at home.
I definitely think parents need to multitask. I am finding that I am getting more and more efficient everyday (both at work--where I tend to veg more these days and at home).

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
You're getting more efficient out of necessity. You have more to do and you seem pretty sharp so you're finding more ways to 'get 'er done'...so to speak.

I see that with all the new parents on my street. They're all on to #2 and #3 now though so they don't even have time to reflect on their multitasking and efficiency. They're just hoping their husbands get home on time before they snap kill the children.

If I open a bottle of wine while thinking about what to make for dinner, and then drink the wine while making dinner, is that multitasking?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Qman said:
<snip>
I see that with all the new parents on my street. They're all on to #2 and #3 now though so they don't even have time to reflect on their multitasking and efficiency. They're just hoping their husbands get home on time before they snap kill the children.
That sounds suspiciously like my wife.......... :D

If I open a bottle of wine while thinking about what to make for dinner, and then drink the wine while making dinner, is that multitasking?
Absolutely! That's how we do it with three kids - make dinner, drink wine, and make the *kids* clean up the $hit. :thumb:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
MisterClean said:
Most males can't multitask for beans. Some can. Women are natural multitaskers, though some can't. We need more clones.
Must be from all the biatching and moaning they do. :oink:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Absolutely! That's how we do it with three kids - make dinner, drink wine, and make more *kids* ...... :thumb:
So that is why you have three....