Quantcast

So how long do you wait?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It was posed to me now that its official that my marriage is going the way of the Titanic that I should get back on the horse and start dating/****ing everything with a pulse now.

Mind you, the paper won't be dry til sometime in April.

My gut, and my time as a mediocre attorney, tell me to wait until the ink is dry and the dust has settled.

However, common man logic here in Reno seems to think I should be partying naked as often as possible right now.

So do I wait, or do I rock out with my cock out?

If I do wait, is there an certain amount of time I should wait after the papers are dry before getting back out into the gene pool? I know in AA they advocate staying celibate for a year after making the decision to sober up and fix your life, but I am like Borat, I do like sexy time.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
jeez, you have some weird problems!

well, your brains say: DON'T!

your d*ck says: DO!

i don't know, where the problem is. D*ck always wins over brains! go for it, stallion! :banana:

what would be the consequences, if you'd start "partying"? would your soon-to-be-ex sue you or something along the line? isn't she still in the foothills of the Hindukush? anyway: if she doesn't know, who cares?
or do you have moral reservations? if so, forget them. your moral obligations ended the moment, when your warrior lady said, that it's over, although you where begging her to give it another try. man, you even went so far to quit boozing, and i know what a sacrifice that is.

so reward yourself and get the ladies!!!!! all of them!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!

and of course: post some pics of your victims! :biggrin:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
unless your ex wife has taken some vow of celibacy until the ink is dry.....it's time to start doulble fishhooking some girls....

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Go and have fun if you are sure your marriage is over. I was in the army. I am sure the wife is getting a few requests to explore the afganistan bush. What's the man/woman ratio over there 25 to 1?

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
well i don't know if it helps, but the girl i'm seeing right now split up with her ex in late october, and the divorce just went through on the 9th, and we've been seeing each other for a little over a week now

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i say go nail everything with a pulse , but not in africa . plus didn't you say that she was seeing somebody else in the miltary ?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Jesus titty f'n christ man. Can you not make a single life decisions without consulting a web forum full of people who gladly call themselves monkees?

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Do what I like to do and hit something married, they tend to talk less.

Don't need it to get back to the ex.

BTW If you do succeed, don't post it on a forum or stupidbook page, you are just giving her ammo.

WTF I thought lawyers had a little intelligence.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I always enjoy seeing what the chorus of the doomed has to say on things, its what keeps me entertained.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What ever you do, don't screw your wife AFTER you are divorced. The sex might be awesome (angry sex always is) but bad things happen every time.

I would have been on the horse a month ago, but that's me.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
uh, I'll be the lone voice of reason here and suggest you keep in it your pants, stay away from sex/relationships for a good six months to a year, and keep working on getting the rest of your act together. Sex is just a distraction right now, and god knows what kind of drama you'll either create or get sucked into. Besides there's not much a chick can do for you that you can't do by yourself, more or less.

But nobody here wants reason, I know that.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Damn, no love in the ghetto tonight...

I am going to take it easy, stay away from the temptations of the flesh. Besides, it might be a novel idea to not go straight to nookie time if/when I meet someone. Never can tell, but maybe change is a good thing.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Seems that it would add complexity to the divorce and perhaps give her a leg up in negotiations. I recall your writing that you didn't care what she got - you just want it to be clean. However, I have to imagine that will be a path you regret down the road when you're re-accumulating the necessities (and stuff) that you've acquired and enjoyed during your time in the relationship.

Might be an awkward conversation, but perhaps you could sit down with your and her lawyers and enter into a binding memorandum of understanding that allows for dating (and all that comes with it) prior to the thing being inked? If the divorce was her idea in the first place, I can't understand why she would oppose, save for obstructive/vindictive behavior.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Without getting too deep into the nuts and bolts, we've sort of come to agree that with regard to our stuff that the necessities, that we're going to split them down the center. From a purely business stand point we've been doing things pretty amicably. The debts have been divided according to our income levels, I'm keeping the motorcycles and my truck, and my toys. Its going like a disillusion of a contract and partnership, so its all good in that way.

Mind you, I'd rather this wasn't happening. I love that busty retard, but who the deuce knows.

Sounds like you need to have a talk to your sponsor or a close friend.
Spoken to all of the above. My sponsor is out of advice on this one, he thinks we should work it out and make another go of it. I agree with him, but it takes two to have a marriage, and one of us is getting off the boat Apocalypse Now style. I've also spoken to close friends, family members, etc, and they all sort of think the same thing.

There is a lot more to all of this then I feel like getting into, but needless to say its not a fun situation.

I think I am just going to chill, go day to day, see where things take me.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The machinist, the one they called Chef, was from New Orleans. He was wrapped too tight for Vietnam, probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans.

Never Get Out Of The Boat:

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole ****in' program.
Goddamn I love that movie

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Trust the lawyer in you. Between the lawyer in you, your heart, and your cock, which has gotten you into trouble the least?

That's my tip for the day - YMMV

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Listening to my inner lawyer, if for nothing else, should be good for an adventure

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I would be banging chicks left and right, just keep it low key until the dust settles. You have to capitalize on all the ladies that are coming out of the woodwork right now.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Trust the lawyer in you. Between the lawyer in you, your heart, and your cock, which has gotten you into trouble the least?

That's my tip for the day - YMMV
Christ man, lawyers are some of the most sexually-charged professionals I've met (teh females, at least)...this cannot end well.