Quantcast

So how long will a tool like this last???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
biggins said:
now the important question, do i jump on the bandwagon or do i let the guy speak and then make my decision? i do think that using the word gook is kinda unacceptable being as how i am half vietnamese.
You know I am torn too. There is something pretty funny about all this, and this new guy may be an interesting addition. On the other hand the term gook is pretty well reviled everywhere.

Is it possible there is some inside information that would put the term in context?

Rip, as far as your "his kind" comment, what kind do we like around here?
:p

Uhggg, turkey hangover...

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
biggins said:
now the important question, do i jump on the bandwagon or do i let the guy speak and then make my decision? i do think that using the word gook is kinda unacceptable being as how i am half vietnamese.

But the word Ghey or Gheyness isn't? Those words are used often on the Monkey. And while they are not racial they are offensive to the homosexual man I work with.

Take that Ghey boy!!

I am going to wait to pass judgement on Hello Kitty. Although he/she has 2 strikes against him/her.

1) I hate hello Kitty - isn't it odd that Hello Kitty is a "Gook" cartoon?
2) Bad rep

J

JRB

Hawkeye said:
But the word Ghey or Gheyness isn't? Those words are used often on the Monkey. And while they are not racial they are offensive to the homosexual man I work with.

Take that Ghey boy!!

I am going to wait to pass judgement on Hello Kitty. Although he/she has 2 strikes against him/her.

1) I hate hello Kitty - isn't it odd that Hello Kitty is a "Gook" cartoon?
2) Bad rep
It's funny, since my brother is gay. Julie always thinks I offend him when I say something is ghey. It doesn't, but could offend someone. Noted - I am going to try to stop. Still got snow up there????

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
loco said:
It's funny, since my brother is gay. Julie always thinks I offend him when I say something is ghey. It doesn't, but could offend someone. Noted - I am going to try to stop. Still got snow up there????

Had about 5 inches but it is melting pretty fast, supposed to be 45 today.

I always feel bad when I say something is ghey around this guy. And when I slip and do it he says "yeah real ghey"

I feel bad but I am trying to get better at it.

EDIT: Page 4 owns this thread!

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
At least you didn't say y'all............ :thumb:

Although "you all" is almost as annoying. :think:

-S.S.-
Don't you have some skis to wax or something. :eviltongu

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hello Kitty said:
Loco-Gringo is someone who is sooo narrowminded he thinks he is soooo open minded.
If you guys want to have a pi$$ing match, might I suggest PMs.....?

If you want to have a public pi$$ing match, at least keep to one thread. Preferably this one. OK? Thanks.

-S.S.-

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
SkaredShtles said:
If you want to have a public pi$$ing match, at least keep to one thread. Preferably this one. OK? Thanks.
Thanks for the heads up however…I think I’ve outdone myself by taking only 4 posts to perturb 75% of the forum users in less than 12 hours! Oh and by the way, I’m from Houston that should cover the other 25% that i haven't agitated yet.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
You and me, we come from different worlds, You like to laugh at me when I look at other girls. Sometimes you're crazy then you wonder why I'm such a baby 'cause the Dolphins make me cry.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Wow, the :monkey: is so slow today i almost got involved in this shyt. Then i decided to stab myself in the eye with a pencil...............I'm feeling pretty good about my choice :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Hello Kitty said:
Thanks for the heads up however…I think I’ve outdone myself by taking only 4 posts to perturb 75% of the forum users in less than 12 hours! Oh and by the way, I’m from Houston that should cover the other 25% that i haven't agitated yet.
Actually being from Houston will elicit pity from 98.99% of the population, not agitate them.

-S.S.-

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
SkaredShtles said:
Actually being from Houston will elicit pity from 98.99% of the population, not agitate them.
Yes I’ll agree Houston, Texas and surrounding area are absolutely terrible for Mountain Biking no elevation changes and for a greater Houston population of 4 million we have like 8 miles of “legal” singletrack to ride.

However don’t cry for us Houston racers totally dominate the Texas Mountain Bike Racing series year in and year out as a constant 35-39 sport class pack fodder / mid-pack finisher my results are nothing to write home about... however, go to any TMBRA.org race and you’ll see the top finishers are always heavily weighted with Houstonians despite out lack of any decent places to ride.

I’ve noticed that this forum is geared more toward the “lifestyle” riders than the heart rate monitor wearing, lycra clad, XC weight weenie racer boy’s that I’m used to riding with and besides 85% of my current riding is done on the road not dirt. We do get a kick on our local forum at making fun of the local “huckers” in all their stormtrooper gear and giant “big drop” rigs riding the local trail getting passed by a guy on a cyclocross bike.

Anyway despite the chip that locos-gringos has for me on his shoulder I’m pretty much a normal guy that gets along with everybody sorry about the “gook” thing it was all taken out a context and locos-gringos doesn’t comprehend what sarcasm and cynicism are.

J

JRB

Hello Kitty said:
Anyway despite the chip that locos-gringos has for me on his shoulder I’m pretty much a normal guy that gets along with everybody sorry about the “gook” thing it was all taken out a context and locos-gringos doesn’t comprehend what sarcasm and cynicism are.
Get over it Bill. You apologized, I said that you have the benefit of the doubt until we meet. I'll wait til we ride or have a beer to form any more opinions and will work to change the ones I have. It's gonna be a lot easier without provocation. Now stop braggin on team smack about how cool it is that people on RM don't like you. Be nice if you are gonna stay. If you can't do that, maybe you should stay home and don't play here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Hello Kitty said:
Yes I’ll agree Houston, Texas and surrounding area are absolutely terrible for Mountain Biking no elevation changes and for a greater Houston population of 4 million we have like 8 miles of “legal” singletrack to ride.
Whoa, there, Tex. I'll give you a hint - the pity does not stem from the fact that Houston has $hitty mountain biking.......

It's because you live in *HOUSTON* fer Krissakes. :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Well it looks like I’ve persevered through the first 24 hours on here with out getting banned yet, So that can only mean one thing…my bi-weekly MORRISSEY post and since this is the first one on RM I’ll start with. “What is your favorite Morrissey song “?

my favorite morrissey song is

"The more you ignore me The closer I get"

The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You’re wasting your time
The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You’re wasting your time

I will be
In the bar
With my head
On the bar
I am now
A central part
Of your mind’s landscape
Whether you care
Or do not
Yeah, I’ve made up your mind

The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You’re wasting your time
The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You’re wasting your time

Beware !
I bear more grudges
Than lonely high court judges
When you sleep
I will creep
Into your thoughts
Like a bad debt
That you can’t pay
Take the easy way
And give in
Yeah, and let me in
Oh, let me in
Oh let me ...
Oh, let me in
It’s war
It’s war
It’s war
It’s war
It’s war
War
War
War
War
Oh, let me in
Ah, the closer I get
Ah, you’re asking for it
Ah, the closer I get
Ooh, the closer I ...

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
loco said:
Can it be Smiths too???
Well now that opens up a whole new can of worms, so for right now lets just keep it on Morrissey’s solo career or we will get off on a totally different tangent that will best be served at a later date. Come on humor me…

J

JRB

You know, there is not one morrissey song that comes to mind without the smiths. I will work on it. I think Julie has some solo stuff.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
houston ain't all bad. if anything, we're the taint of texas right between the good stuff in austin and where the bad stuff exits in the bay. that's just based on geology, tho. houston has a pretty good art scene that whips austin and most other cities in the US yet it remains low-key and grounded unlike, um, LA or something. sure, i've forgotten how to ride a bike, but that's ok. i've met many interesting people here and can afford to eat most days. folks around here lack that annoying pretense i found in many people in austin.

so anyhows, this whole bikemojo vs. teamsmack thing is pretty entertaining and i hope it ends in an armbar or triangle lock at a local race.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I just can't get into Morrisey. I think I enjoy life too much. I have never seen anyone as depressed, whiney, and pathetic as Morrisey is who didn't kill himself. :dead:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ciaran said:
I just can't get into Morrisey. I think I enjoy life too much. I have never seen anyone as depressed, whiney, and pathetic as Morrisey is who didn't kill himself. :dead:
Martin Gore? of Depressed Mode uerh i mean Depeche Mode.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
And yet you added to the pathetic thread by complaining about the pathetic nature of said thread. That makes you uber-pathetic. :thumb:

-S.S.-
I was just owned...Own me baby...
:dead:

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Ciaran said:
well there is always Joy Division if you want to really get depressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.