Quantcast

So how many of you will be on 27.5(650b) for 2015??

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Don't forget, "and stop winning races at the highest level the sport".
Nevermind. I guess they're awesome bikes because that.

How's the saying go? 90% bike, 10% paint job?

That new one may be better. A friend of mine went to one of their press releases out here and rode one with some good things to say about it. Those mojos though......eesh. Geo aside, those things feel like they're made for riding sitting down.

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
New Transition bikes look absolutely awesome. Especially due to long front centers and relatively short seat tubes. They know, that you will ride the bike with a dropper post. :thumb:
And look at the spec of these bikes!

evil bikes for more tough people and ibis - dentists? :) sounds alright for Weagle. Yt capra, Radon, Canyon Strive cf look good!
Canyons Spectral and Strive in aluminium look even better I recon. Far cheaper, same features.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
(dentists and doctors having a midlife crisis)
It used to be Santa Cruz (Bronson / Nomad) here in the UK, now it seems it's YT. The Crappa more specifically seems to attract the old dudes who want to get rad (I myself, is a fairly near mid lifer who thinks I ride faster than I actually do)

If you follow the YT Crappa thread on Pinkbike, you will see that being in your low 30s is quite young for Cracka owners.

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=162095&pagenum=244#commentid5746711

Following that hilarious thread for a while, the general tone of the discussion is about tyres / tyre pressure / tubeless ... the usual mid life first world problems one discusses.

One of the Cracka thread denizens showed how, with an appropriate bike (YT Cracka), some professional tutoring and padding... you too, can get super rad and plop off kerbs without getting injured

Braaaaaap

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/391145/#top

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Clearly it was down to the inappropriate bike, I wouldn't attempt this with anything but BOS suspension either. Only 4000€ for the ability to do some mean drops? YTs truly are a steal!

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I'm still trying to figure out if the song he used in the video is the latest Gorgoroth song, or audio problems?

Video editing professional tutoring and brand new Macbook pro should sort that out.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Thanks, hoping to have the suspension tuned next month. Can't wait to see how the Evo does on some fire road climbs. I'll probally drop it to 160mm until I hit some resorts. Gonna have rear PUSHed and order the HLR cart and try out the X-fushion stuff.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Ha. I make 3-4 10 day trips a year. From Ga/Tn as far as Seven Springs last year. Plus my parents live in north Ga. I normally average 15 park days a year and then there plenty in Ga and NC to shuttle. It will get used and I keep my bikes for awhile.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Snapped a pivot in my Blur TR last fall and have been waiting patiently (kinda) for my Scout to come in. I thought about going with their 26" squishy bike but it was too squishy and slack for me. Finally built this up last night...

(electrical tape is for the temp. brake housing routing)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Dude, you have a Scout already. The wait is killing me. The geometry on that bike looks like I sat down and designed a custom frame for myself. Mine is supposed to be here in March. Hit me up with a ride report if you don't mind.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
The numbers on those Scouts look sick. I was on a budget for the trail bike this year due to buying two bikes at once so I had to "settle" for sale SB75, but if I don't like it I'm going to pick one of those up next spring.

richiedelf

Chimp
Apr 27, 2012
Chamonix
I will be. Maybe not for a while, but on my next bike(s) Just because I don't think it can be avoided. Sooner or later you wont be able to buy tires, tubes, spokes, on and on. It's not gonna make me faster. All it'll do is cost me more brake pads. Damn you industry.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
New Transition bikes look absolutely awesome. Especially due to long front centers and relatively short seat tubes. They know, that you will ride the bike with a dropper post. :thumb:
And look at the spec of these bikes!

Canyons Spectral and Strive in aluminium look even better I recon. Far cheaper, same features.
For anyone, who's interested, vitalmtb has reviewed the Canyon Strive CF:
http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Canyon/Strive-CF-9-0-Race,15045#product-reviews

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
how do you like the bigger wheel in front? its something i have considered with my fuel ex. hell, i think ive seen a guy on MTBR do it to his fuel.

with that said. i bought this earlier today, although its not a 650b. sooper dooper stoked.
That looks nice man. The 27.5" in front is fine. It feels a little bit smoother over big square edge hits but it's not a game changer for me. I wouldn't run one on a 26" frame. I'm back to 26/26 on that bike so I can run the fork at 8"; after testing I found I prefer the feel of 1" more travel then 1" more of actual wheel diameter.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Yet another bike industry "scientific" test that's very far from scientific.

Each rider did one lap on each bike, which alone makes the results questionable at best.
The three bikes were the same namesake model, but how do we know the differences were not due to:
Frame geometry, kinematics (which appear different on each bike), suspension setup, tire pressure, or which order the bikes were tested (ie, were the testers tired when they rode the 27.5" bike vs fresh on the 29er?).

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

Each rider did one lap on each bike, which alone makes the results questionable at best.
The three bikes were the same namesake model, but how do we know the differences were not due to:
Frame geometry, kinematics (which appear different on each bike), suspension setup, tire pressure, or which order the bikes were tested (ie, were the testers tired when they rode the 27.5" bike vs fresh on the 29er?).
:ban:

Feel free to spread your science lies somewhere else. Remember, "physics" is Latin for "false god".

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Getting there. This L frame gives me a bit more roomy cockpit than previous M, at 5'9" I am exactly between sizes. 150mm front / 130mm rear and ~65deg HA -> this bike should be fun.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Please show me ONE test that shows that larger wheels on a MTB are faster and that is up to scientific standards. As far as I know none of the bike companies ever published anything scientific on their "testing that showed how superior larger wheels are".